O n e

A/N: Juleka, Chloé, and Lila couldn't make it to the field trip; that's why they're not in here.

Marinette jolted awake one morning as her alarm went off for the ninth time. Her kwami, Tikki, kept tugging on Marinette and yelling at her to wake up.

"Huh? Oh hey, Tikki.." The bluenette murmured as she looked around the room. "By the way, what time is it?"

"Ten forty!" The red kwami screamed at her owner. "Come on, get ready! You have a field trip today, the bus leaves for the airport at eleven forty! Hurry!"

Marinette's eyes looked like they were almost going to pop out of their sockets. She quickly got dressed, throwing on her normal attire, and racing down the stairs.

She sprinted out the door within fifteen minutes and got to school in no time. By the time she got to school, it was nearly perfect timing, as it was eleven thirty.

Alya turned around and hugged her friend, embracing her tightly. She quickly let go of her, giving her a worried look. "Where were you, girl? I thought you weren't going to be here.. I was so worried!"

"Alya," Marinette hushed her friend, reassuring her the best she could. "The important thing is that I'm here now."

Once the clock struck eleven forty, Ms. Bustier rushed over to her homeroom class. She shushed them and the class calmed down rather quickly as all eyes were currently on her.

"Class, as you all know, we're traveling on a bus to the airport and then boarding a plane today to Japan. This is supposed to be bonding time with your classmates and with your opposite gender partner." The ginger haired teacher explained to the class. "I'll call roll now. Once I call your name, choose a partner of the opposite gender."

Ms. Bustier called all of the names out, with Marinette and Adrien being the last ones. She looked up and smiled at the two, saying, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, choose your partner now."

"I choose.. A-Adrien.." She stuttered, clearly embarrassed. Ms. Bustier nodded in approval and the model accepted her invitation to be partners. "Very well. Marinette and Adrien are partners. Now, onto the bus, children!"

Everyone sprinted towards the bus, trying to get the best seats. Marinette and Adrien sat next to each other in the back while Nino and Alya sat behind them in the last pair of seats at the back of the bus.

"Alright, here's the partners!" Ms. Bustier called out, attempting to try to silence the excited students. "Sabrina and Max, Ivan and Mylene, Alya and Nino, Nathaniel and Rose, Kim and Alix, and last but not least, Marinette and Adrien! Let's drive to the airport, everyone!"

The students cheered, with Marinette staring and blushing at the blond haired boy. Adrien looked at her in return, his cheeks turning his red as well, and that's when the bus began to move.

Silence settled between the four friends, but that was until the bluenette heard her friend snickering to Nino, and Marinette knew this couldn't be good. "So, how are you two lovebirds doing, huh?" Alya asked with a smirk. "Are you two gonna kiss anytime soon, hmm?"

"Alya!" Marinette hid her face in her hands, her face practically turning into a tomato. Adrien softly chuckled, seeming to admire the flustered girl, perhaps taking interest in her.

The ombré haired girl turned away from the oblivious duo, smirking in satisfaction. She proceeded to talk to Nino as Marinette and Adrien sat in silence. That was until the model wrapped one of his arms around her. In an effort to make conversation with his new partner, Adrien said,

"So, in that case— who do you like? As in love, I mean."