E i g h t

The Third Day..

"Good afternoon, sleepy lady." The model smiled as Marinette opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to her surroundings once again.

"Wait, Adrien.. why did you say afternoon?" She questioned with a visibly confused look on her face.

"Oh. About that.." he trailed off, looking around the room. He rubbed the back of his head, mumbling, "It's three p.m."

Marinette's eyes widened and she sat up. "What!?" The amount of horror in her eyes grew by the second. "I'm so sorry! I probably ruined all of your and the class' plans today, let me repay you! I'll do anything you want!"

"No, Mari. Everything's fine, you don't have to repay me or the class. It probably wasn't your fault, anyway." Adrien helped her out of bed. "What did you even do last night?"

"I remember watching Attack on Titan and finishing the first season. Only because I was motivated to." Marinette groaned tiredly as he carried the bluenette, bridal style dropping her onto the couch.

"Oh, Mari. You're always determined to finish what you started. Sometimes," Adrien gave her some cooked, freshly made waffles. "—you need to relax."

"That's sorta hard to do when you're a superhero." Marinette replied, raising an eyebrow, letting the blond haired boy sit down next to her.

"I guess you could say that's true, M'Lady." Adrien agreed to her statement. "Honestly, you're a lot better than me anyways." Adrien winked, unsurprisingly making her blush.

"Now, you need to just relax today. We had a big day yesterday. Plus, you still have four more days, not counting today, to spend your field trip." He reassured her and explained, giving Marinette some caramel flavored tea.

"Thank you, Kitty." She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'm glad you're my Chat Noir, you take care of me so well."

"Well, I'm glad you're my Ladybug. You outsmart me so well." Adrien copied her sentence structure, returning the kiss.

At that same moment, the class came in. They were talking ear to ear about what they just experienced. The pair overheard a conversation with Sabrina exclaiming, "That was so beautiful!"

Ms. Bustier set all of her things down, announcing tiredly, "Class, I'll be out in two hours. I'm going to nap for the time being, but then we'll go out to dinner." The students called out their understanding to their teacher, making Ms. Bustier feel reassured, shutting her door behind her.

The class turned to see Marinette and Adrien sitting on the couch. "It's finally about time Marinette decided to wake up!" Mylene giggled to the bluenette.

"How are you feeling, Mari?" Nathaniel asked, concerned for his former crush. "Fine, I'm a bit tired, that's all. Thanks for asking though, Nath." Marinette smiled wearily to the redhead.

"More like a lot!" Rose couldn't help but point out.

Nathaniel quickly cut in before anyone else could comment and said, "Our apologies, we'll leave you alone, we know you need more rest. We were worried about you, nothing more."

"Thanks for checking on me, I appreciate it. It's alright, regardless of the circumstances, I'm just sleepy. Yeah.." Marinette's eyes slowly shut as she passed out in Adrien's arms, curled up into a ball.

Some of Marinette's classmates awed, while some others started to proceed to walk to the kitchen and chat quietly, out of respect for their sleeping classmate. "Yeah, thanks for checking on her, guys. She's alright." The blond haired boy comforted them, giving the remainder of their classmates a warm smile, holding her like a baby in his arms.

"Just call whenever you need us. We'll be in the kitchen." Alix called to him, with Adrien giving a thumbs-up in response.

As soon as the rest of their classmates left, Adrien turned to the sleeping Marinette. "Don't worry, Princess. I'll protect you on this vacation."