{Chapter Twenty-Two}

Her phone was being bombarded with calls but none of them were heard after Naomi put her phone on silent. She just watched while laying in bed as her phone would light up with someone's name on her bedside table. All of them were from Ino and Sakura, probably worried about what had happened to her. A few times Naomi even swore that she'd seen Sasuke's number calling, but even he got ignored. Naomi wanted nothing more than to shut out the world, but it was difficult seeing as she was currently the center of it.

The phone calls stopped after midnight. Maybe everyone just stopped caring, or got fed up with her stubbornness, but at least they quit. Naomi would usually be fast asleep by now, but she was still tossing and turning in her bed since she'd first gotten home. The noise inside of her head was keeping her awake, and it only got louder the more she fought it. It was useless. She was miserable.

At 1:03 AM, her phone lit up for the first time in over an hour. This interested Naomi, and instead of just shoving her head further into her pillow, she lifted her head to see who was wasting their time trying to contact her. Naomi's breath hitched in her throat when she saw the name that had been pounding in her head all day.

Naruto.

She quickly sat up in bed and grabbed for her phone. She sat there, staring at the screen, wondering what she should do. Do I answer? Why is he calling me so early? Maybe it's an emergency. Naomi flinched when she pressed 'answer', then raised the phone to her ear with a shaky hand.

"H-Hello?" she asked.

"Where the hell are you?" Naruto spat on the other side of the line, making Naomi flinch. Never had Naruto used that tone to speak to her, not even during their fight.

"Home," she said, questioning his purpose in calling.

"You're at home," he confirmed.

"Yes. I've been home practically all day," she admitted.

Naruto let out a long breath on the other side of the line, sounding almost relieved, but still a little angry. "Okay, good."

"What happened? Is something wrong?"

"No, everything's fine now," he said. "It's just that Sasuke called me and asked if you came over, and I told him no, and he got confused cause you said something about coming over here, and –" He cut himself off with a new thought. "Why were you gonna come over?"

Naomi felt more than a little embarrassed that Sasuke told him about her plan to visit him. "I just... wanted to talk about what happened," she admitted.

There was silence on the other end that Naruto was supposed to fill, but he didn't say a word, intuiting Naomi to speak again. "Do you... do you think we could meet up to talk?" she asked, her voice quiet and shaking.

Naruto was still silent, but Naomi could tell that he was thinking. He finally breathed out, and said, "Meet me by the park across from my apartment," then hung up.

Naomi sat, trying to comprehend what had happened. He agreed to meet up. She sprung out of bed with her phone in hand, and as quietly as she could to not wake her family, who she had lied to about the reason for her being home was that she was sick, she leaped down the stairs, grabbed her keys and was out the door in a minute or less.

¤¤¤

When she got to the park, she was able to spot Naruto straight away. He was the only one there, sure, but she would be able to recognize his handsome face in a room of a thousand people. He was sitting on a bench in his plaid pajama pants and a black t-shirt which made his hair look lighter and his eyes brighter. He was near glowing in the night, like the angel Naomi thought he was. Judging by his appearance, he'd gone straight from his bed to the outside world as soon as the phone call ended, just as Naomi had.