{Chapter Seven}

Normally, Naomi didn't need the assistance of an alarm clock. After waking up at 6:30 every day, for who knows how many years, an internal wakeup system was built into Naomi's head. No matter how late she went to bed, or how early, every morning at 6:30, she was awake and ready to start the day. But even this fact, that Naomi was completely aware of, didn't stop her from setting an alarm to wake her up, 6:30am Saturday morning.

Naomi's eyes darted open a millisecond before she heard the first few notes of Wiped Out! play, the song that she had chosen to play as her alarm. She let the music continue to play as she rolled out bed and fix the bedding that she had ruined the night before. After each decorative pillow was in its proper place, she turned off her alarm and headed towards the linen closet in the hallway. She grabbed a towel, then proceeded to the bathroom.

After a hot shower, she wrapped the towel around her body and returned to her room. She threw open her closet doors and looked through the potential options. What do I wear to a breakfast date? she asked herself. Eh, it's not a date, it's a breakfast... hangout, she corrected herself. She spent a period of time contemplating what would be suitable for the occasion. Date or not, she wanted to look good. Ultimately, she chose a casual navy blue dress that stopped at her mid-thigh, a thin jacket of the same length, and a maroon infinity scarf that would keep her neck warm in the chilly October air.

After finishing with her hair (loose and wavy) and her makeup (very minimal) she decided to check the time. It was only 7:53. Naomi became annoyed with herself at how early she had gotten ready. There was still at least an hour left until Naruto came to get her. She sighed, and turned to look in the full-sized mirror beside her desk. She stared softly into her own eyes, and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Behind her reflection in the mirror, she noticed the door nudge a little, and a figure could be seen in the dim morning light. Naomi gasped, and spun around to see who it was. When she found only Momoko standing in her doorway, she relaxed.

"God, Momoko. You scared the crap out of me," Naomi hissed and held a hand to her heart.

"Sorry, Nao," Momoko said and rubbed her sleepy eyes. Naomi noticed that there was a camera dangling around her sister's neck.

"What's that?" she asked, and nodded at the electronic.

"A camera."

"I know that, where'd you get it from?"

"Dad brought it home for me yesterday. He said one of his coworkers was selling it cheap," she explained. That made more sense to Naomi, seeing as the camera seemed like it would be quite expensive in stores.

"Why are you all dressed?" It was Momoko's turn to ask the questions.

"I'm going out for breakfast with Naruto," Naomi answered coolly.

"The delivery boy?" Momoko asked, and tilted her head slightly to the side.

"He goes to my school."

"Oh." A pause. "You should wear knee socks and boots with that."

Naomi smiled at her little sister and nodded her head. "Ok. I will."

Momoko smiled back, then lazily waved goodbye before slinking into her own room, while Naomi did just what she had suggested.

¤¤¤

There was a knock on the front door at 8:57, and when Naomi answered there was a grinning Naruto standing behind it.

"Good morning, Naomi!" he cheered, and Naomi giggled quietly.