He Can

(Maya's POV)

"Thank you, Stiles, so much. I haven't heard someone say that in years." I'm crying into the arms of a boy that I haven't talked to in months. Is this really the right way to go? Probably not. There's so much that could go wrong but I'm too distracted by his words to think about it. I just have to accept that someone has finally come to help me out of whatever I'm in and they understand that it isn't going to be easy.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm here to help you and I know you'll get there one day." Is Stiles the one? Will he finally break me out of this hole of sadness and denial? He may be, because he certainly is very capable of doing it. I think he can. I've just wanted someone to come and help me up and stay with me. Not leave like everyone else has. It's all just so strange. The trust I have with Stiles is so strong I didn't even have to think if I could trust him after how long he was gone. Is this really what trust is supposed to be like? This makes the trust I had with everyone else irrelevant, it's like it wasn't even close to being real. Now that I think about it, I did trust, which is what got me hurt. They lied and used me, then turned against me. You may be wondering who "they" are, they are everyone who I ever trusted and cared about. And who I thought cared about me also. Every single one of them.

I truly believe in Stiles and it really warms my heart that he believes in me. It makes me want to push myself to become the best me I can be. I now see the potential in myself that I didn't see before. It's completely bizarre how one person plus a couple words can help you piece together what you may come to be. Him just standing with me makes me feel so much safer and with him, I can do my best to make him happy.