Bus Rides

(Stiles' POV)

While I'm walking over to the bus I see Maya. Even though she's in her normal sweats, t-shirt, and jacket, she's more beautiful than I remembered. I try to build up the courage to get her attention. It's much harder than it should be but then again, I haven't seen her for a while and I never really talked to her unless it was on iMessage. It takes me a couple seconds to finally go for it.

She turns towards me. She looks surprised. And very tired. I'm shivering because it's so cold outside but I don't mind. Sabrina makes me feel better. Safer. She stutters and asks me how my trip was and it takes me some time to think of what to say. Brazil is nothing compared to Maya, it's absolutely insane.

"Hey Maya. My trip was great. Everything was so beautiful and vibrant! It was an amazing experience." And I thought about you the whole time I was there. Yeah, like I'd tell her that. She hasn't smiled once since she turned around. There's still a puzzling look on her face to why I was standing in front of her for the first time, really.

I sat next to her on the bus and we haven't made any interactions at all. This isn't how I pictured us when I thought about it last night. But I'm with her so that's really all that matters. In most books and movies that have people riding on the bus together are normally talking to each other and laughing once in awhile. But that's not how we do it. Instead, I pull out my favorite book, "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens. I've read it about 4 times already... I don't have a problem.