Still Fragile

(Stiles' POV)

I'm looking at Maya while she's looking down at her feet. They're dangling off the cement wall that she's perched upon. She is still smiling from when I first complimented her hair. That really must have meant a lot to her because that was only one of the many factors of her beauty.

There's some such as her super cute dimple on the left side of her face and the way she scrunches her nose when she laughs. So many things about Maya can make me smile when she isn't even aware she's doing anything. I find it adorable, really.

I do understand that she is still feeling a little under the weather, and not health wise. She's still fragile and I have to do my best not to drop her at all costs. Her being here makes me a very lucky guy considering she could have been gone months ago. And I don't mean dead gone, I mean gone as in ran away. If she had died while I was gone, I would have never came back. Although I don't see how that would work out keeping in mind that Brazil never failed to remind me of Maya.

"You're still hurt, aren't you. Maya, I'm here for you now. It's okay to tell me anything you want. I'll listen, I promise." I see her smile slowly fade and she looks up. Her eyes fill up with hope and at that moment, I'm just glad they didn't fill up with tears. "I know you're stronger than you believe yourself to be and I'll wait here and help you until you realize you are and what you're really capable of. I believe in you, Maya." She's frozen for a moment. I see her hesitate to do something, but I don't know what it is. She jumps onto the ground and hugs me so tight I feel like I might burst.