CHAPTER 8

"Here. Take this radio so we can hear what you have to say." Joey said, giving me a walkie-talkie.

"Thanks, you guys sure you don't wanna dock here?" I said.

"No. We're heading up to New York. We'll listen the whole time."

I stepped off my ship and watched as the ship flew up and turned back towards the hangers. Wrong way, genius. Maybe they we not leaving. I turned away and walked into the main building. I walked into general Mark's office. A strange man was sitting in his chair. He had a large brown mustache that was clearely overcared for.

"Hello. Where's General Mark?"

"Off on a private mission. I'm here in his place while he's away. I'm General Frank."

"You see, my crew and I found what we believe is a superfortress. Heavily armed. Dozens of ships patrolling it. Also dozens of fighter planes on the island's own airstrip. It is held aloft in the skies by at least ten giant fans-"

"I see. And these ships? How big?"

"Ranging from sixty to a few hundred feet. All armed. We were chased by and destroyed the Bismark 2. You see we need to destroy this thi-"

"Okay, okay, how big are the chains anchoring the island in place?" He asked.

"Uh, I mean we weren't that close to the uh-the uh. I never said there were chains." Did I? No. "I was saying we need to attack and destroy the-"

"What I believe what happened that day, was you must have been hallucinating from the high altitude. The clouds over the mountains made it hard to see. You never saw an island or any ships. Case closed." He said, anger rising in his tone.

"I never said there were clouds or mountains! Where is General Mark? Who. Are. You?"

I jumped up and grabbed the gun all captains were given from its holster. He grabbed his gun as well. I closed one eye and focused at his head. He grabbed one side of his mustache and pulled it off. Not all of it. He did the same thing to the other side. Just a bit was torn off. A short, thick mustache was left. He took off his hat. No. It couldn't be.

"Hitler? I should shoot you in the head. I almost pulled the trigger when the room exploded. Walls crashed down. The ceiling fell. I pulled the trigger and knew I was nowhere near his head. I fell and watched as the planes, cruisers, and batlleships, were picked off one by one outside. Ones that had gotten up in the air were sent back down in fireballs. Hitler was nowhere to be seen. Most definetly escaped by being pulled up by a ship. Then I saw it. My leg hurt badly, but I climbed over to the pile of cement. Blood was dripping off. Had I got him? In a way, yes. Shot completely through, was Hitler's severed finger. The monster was injured. So was I. A huge German battleship was going right for me. I could see the guns lining up, even in the darkness. Before it shot, It was blown in half, midair. I saw the outline. I recognized the outline anywhere. It was my ship and my friends. They found me.