T E N

The following Sunday, I spent my time uploading some videos to my channel. I was starting to enjoy this YouTube thing. Today was now Monday, though and I figured it was time to introduce Will to my friends. I told Will to meet me by the cafeteria line so I could show him where my friends and I usually have lunch.

There he was, standing tall and handsome as usual. I eagerly ran up to him and said, "Hey, you!" Will smiled down at me and said, "Hey there!" He then wrapped his long arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I felt so safe in his loving arms, like he could protect me from the world. It was obvious that we were taking things slow with our relationship. I never wanted to leave his arms, but I eventually pulled away. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the outside, "C'mon! Follow me."

We stepped outside together and the warmth of the sun against my skin felt relaxing. I lead him around the corner to my friend group, I could see them laughing and smiling. Holding Will's hand tightly, I went up to them and said confidently, "Hey guys! This is Will. Will these are my friends, Maddie, Parker, Mitchell, and Zach!" Will waved his hand while smiling shyly, "What's up. Nice to meet you all." Maddie tugged on my arm and whispered in my ear, "Bee, when were you going to tell me about this?!" I laughed, "Right now."

Before I knew it, Will and my friends were talking and joking around. It was as if Will had been part of our little friend group the entire time. My heart was happy knowing that everyone was getting along alright. Mitchell leaned in a said to me, "Don't ever lose Will. He is like the coolest guy ever!" I laughed at his enthusiasm. It was then when I knew that everything was going to be just fine.

-

Throughout the day and between class changes, Will would walk me to my classes. I quite enjoyed his presence next to mine when I walked from class to class, he would hold my hand and hold me close by. But soon, people started to take notice of our public display of affection. Girls would stop and stare, blatantly talking about us behind our backs. There were definitely whispers here and there when we would walk through the halls.

I tried my best to ignore it until one girl, who was mostly known for hopping from guy to guy, came up to me and rudely spat, "You don't deserve to be dating Will," she looked me up and down, scoffing, "just look at yourself. He's just using you, sweetie." She laughed when she walked away and I was left feeling worthless. I wanted to cry my eyes out and hide away from everyone and everything. I grabbed my belongings and pushed through the crowd of people who were going home.

I ran out to the back of the school and sat down, hugging my knees. Maybe she was right, how did a girl like me land a guy like him? I heard my phone buzz. I picked up my phone to see who it was. It was Will: hey, bee where are you? <3
I threw my phone into my backpack and ran towards Maddie's car, not replying to Will's message. I couldn't take it anymore. I spied Maddie leaning on the front of her car and ran up to her. She immediately looked at me like she knew something was up, "Bee, what happened? Is everything alright?" I was trying to hold back my tears, "Can you just drive me home, please?"