E I G H T

I spent the rest to the day with a huge smile of my face. Why would he pick me out of all the pretty girls here? I was confused and happy at the same time. So many emotions filled my head. It was after school on a Friday and I lied to my friends, telling them to drop me off at home because I have loads of homework to do. In reality, I was thinking about what to text to Will. I layed on my bed and hesitantly sent: Hey Will :)
He replied almost immediately after I had sent the message: Hey Bianca :) what are you up to?
I smiled reading the message and sent: nothing at the moment. what about you?
Will sent: same. should I come around and pick you up, then?
I squealed with excitement, reading his message and responded with a yes. My parents were still at work, so if I was out late, they would think I was at Maddie's or something. I quickly threw on a beanie and fixed my long brown hair. I also applied a bit of makeup. I heard a car honk outside my house and when I went to look, it was Will in his red Mustang.

I excitedly ran outside, locking the door behind me. Will was holding the passenger door open for me and I greeted him and got in. He walked over to the driver's seat and we took off down the street. I smiled over at him, "Thanks for picking me up." He glanced at me and said with a smile, "Anything for you." My heart was screaming inside. He spoke again, "I was thinking we could chill out at this arcade. There are tons of games and I remember you telling me that you were into gaming." I replied, not holding back my excitement this time, "Will, that sounds like so much fun!!" He laughed his adorable little laugh and agreed with me. He then turned up the radio and we jamed out the whole way there.

When we finally arrived, he politely payed for me to get in and I thanked him for that. We played against each other on some games and others, we would take turns. The entire time we spent there together was filled with laughter, jokes, and smiles. I had never been so happy in my life. We stayed there until the arcade shut down and the employees started pushing people out. We closely walked side by side to his shiney red car and got in.

I admired him from his side as he was driving. He looked perfect to me in every way, inside and out. He was the most down to earth person, this time we spent together just proved how lovely he really is. I wanted to reach out and grab his hand, so I could hold it in mine; our hands would interlock so perfectly. I wanted to hug him so badly, and never let him go, but I couldn't do these things because he wasn't mine. And it hurt to think of him with another girl. I felt like no one understood him the way I did, but I have a tendency to get attached to someone too quickly and that was what was happening now.

As the stars came out and gleamed in the dark night sky, we rode past everyone on the street. It was silent for a long time until Will broke that silence. "Bianca, you are so different than most girls at school," I stared out the window as he spoke, "girls I've been with before usually just want to be with me because of how popular I am and this and that. But the fact that you are willing to hang out with me like this just because of who I am, really makes me feel happy." I turned slowly towards him, to find him looking over at me. I gave him a smile, trying hard to find words, "You deserve to have friends who will appreciate you for who you truly are." He nodded his head and looked back at the road, "Yeah. Thanks for giving this to me, I just wanted to say that. " At this point, I wanted to cry with happiness. Knowing that I made an impact on his life for the better, made me feel so happy. Will reached to turn on the radio and, coincidentally, the radio and was playing One Direction again. Will and I exchanged looks of happiness, before laughing and singing along to the song.

When he dropped me off in the front of my house and as I was closing the door to his car, he yelled out to me, "I can't wait for our second date!" He then drove off down the street and I was left with a smile on my face, under the moonlight, feeling free and extremely happy.