F O U R

Mitchell and I walked out of class with our backpacks flung around our shoulders. We both headed straight to our usual spot where our group ate lunch.

I spotted Zach and Parker standing around and talking. I ran up to them, "Hey guys! Where's Maddie?" Parker shrugged, "Uh, I thin-" He was interrupted by Maddie jumping out behind him. "Boo! I'm right here!" I laughed and pulled her into a hug. "You really know how to scare people!"

She shook her head and started moving towards the parking lot, motioning us to follow her. We all started walking to her car, where she would drive us all home.

-

We were on the road when I pulled out my phone and decided to look at my texts. There was one from an unknown number. I opened it: Hey, it's me Will. Can you come over after school today? His address followed. My heart fluttered and I quickly responded with a confirmation that I would be there soon. I also changed his contact name in my phone to William the Great.

I cleared my throat and spoke up amongst the conversation going on between Mitchell and Zach. "Um, Maddie? Could you drop me off at Will's house?" She nodded her head and I gave her the address. Parker and Zach exchanged looks of confusion. I laughed and told them the whole story and they thought I was crazy for being so obsessed with this one boy. They don't even know.

Butterflies began to form in my stomach and my thoughts inside my head were swirling, as we approached his house. I remained quiet. Maddie slowed down and eventually came to a stop in front of his house. He lived in a huge house, in the upper scale part of town. I clutched onto my backpack, with sweaty palms.

Was this real life? Was I really going to his house? I turned into my shy and reserved state of being. I repressed my true feelings for him.

"Good luck, Bee! Text me when you're ready to be picked up," Maddie said, she stuck out he bottom lip, "I feel like such a proud mom right now." I playfully rolled my eyes at her and got out of the car. I watched as they drove off, leaving me in the dust.

I took in a deep breath as I walked toward the front door. I tried to fix my hair to make it look a bit decent. I smoothed out my clothes. I then ringed the door bell, my heart practically beating out of my chest. I heard footsteps and then suddenly the door opened, revealing his breathtaking face. He spoke with a smile on his face, "Hey, come on in."