Chapter 83: The Guy on the Sidelines

Start from the beginning

I laughed.

She laughed along.

"One more?" I asked.

"No. I'm good. Maybe next time."

She stuck her tongue out.

I laughed some more.

"How about that movie?" I asked.

"Let's go!" She said as she clung her arm around mine.

See? I told you I'll show you who's the boss.

"Stop grinning like that, we'll have a rematch soon," She snapped at me.

"You're good but I'm better," I boasted.

"You know, let's forget about the movie. I'mma head home," She said.

"Hey, hey, hey! I was just kidding!"

She laughed like an evil witch.

Guess she is still the boss after all.

I smiled.

We went up the cinemas via escalator.

"What movie should we watch?" She asked.

My heart is fluttering as she was still wrapping her arm around mine.

Yeah right, fluttering.

Flutters.

What a manly thought.

"How about this one?" I said as I pointed at the Hellbenders' poster.

"Hmmm..." She then unwrapped her arms around mine and went to check out another Now Showing poster.

Damn it.

"I think this one's really good!" She pointed at a poster of the movie called, "Carrie".

The poster shows a bloody, scary-looking, woman.

I'm cool with horror, but, it's not exactly the atmosphere I want for our first movie date.

"This one's horror too, but, it has comedy in it. I'm sure Hellbenders' a really fun movie."

She wasn't paying attention to what I said. She was busy with her phone.

"Wow! This movie is a remake of a 1976 film based on Stephen King's novel!"

I heave out a sigh.

I then felt something vibrate on my back pocket.

I took out my iPhone. 

Eric was calling.

"Wait, it's Eric. I'll take this."

Paulene nodded.

"Hello? This better be important."

"You gotta go here now. Like now. At Smashbin. Now," Eric said.

"I can't!"

"Haven't you seen our text messages? We're all here waiting for you. Ludwig Harrison is here. He offered the band something big. You hear that? Something big! He offered Roll the Dice something big! Man you have to go here. You really have to. We're all counting on you. Get your fucking ass here-- fast!"

"Okay, I'll be there in twenty," I answered before hanging up. 

"Something came up?" Paulene asked.

"Yeah. And uhh. I'm so sorry, but, I got to go, like, right now. I'll make it up to you, Pau. I promise."

"No, it's okay. I watch movies alone most of the time. I-I'm cool. Go ahead," She said.

"I'm sorry! I'll call you!" 

Fuck this.

PAULENE

With that, Ashton ran as fast as he could. It seemed like a big emergency.

It's alright. But truth is, I have never watched a movie alone inside a cinema.

I watch Ashton go farther and farther away, down the escalator, until he can't be seen anymore.

That was kind of, uhh, disappointing.

Oh well, shit happens.

I took out my phone. 

Guess I'll just have to find company then.

Hmmm.. Do I have any other cool friends besides Krista?

"Paulene?!"

I looked up and saw--

"Franz?!"

--

This chapter is dedicated to Crazy_Kuku! You rock too for reading this story! ;)

Anyway, did you all watch the YouTube video embedded at the multimedia section of this chapter? You have to!! It's at the Author's Note above! :)

If you can't access it there, type this on your address bar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjuNTMdwo0o

That video is the Tekken game of Pau and Ashton! <3

Enjoying this story? Show some love and motivate me! xx