Chapter 1 {Welcome To My Life}

Why do I have to put up with this every single day? I already have a terrible life as it is. My dad left my mom when I was born, and then my older sister disappeared, followed by my mom getting brain cancer. Sometimes I just wish that I could be normal. Oh, and then there's the fact I'm sixteen, going through the hell hole called high school.

That's what I mean when I have to go through with it. I'm always pushed around, by the people I used to call my friends. I was pretty popular when I was fourteen. I had Chelsea, Allison, and Blake. But then, just before my mom died, they left me. I have foster parents, but they treat me like an ant. They make the bruises from bullies worse.

Me? I'm Jess, a geek with curly blond hair, with a streak of turquoise, wearing my beanie all the time, with t-shirts, or plaid shirts, and jeans. Then there are my eyes. My hideous eyes that I hate. One of them is a chocolate brown, while the other is a blueish-grey. Yeah, I'm a freak. You don't need to tell me twice.

I push myself through the front door for recess, carrying the bagged lunch I made for myself. I find a bench on the playground, watching as everyone else mills around talking to their friends. Then I feel someone push me from behind and I fall to the pavement. I cry out and I hear snickering from behind me. I look up to see Chelsea and Blake standing there laughing at me.

"Hey blondie." he sneers. "You gonna go crawl to your mommy?" Then he mockingly puts his hand to his mouth. "Oh wait, she's dead." he says, before laughing, and Chelsea joins him. I stay quiet, as usual. I'm mute, I have been since my mom died. It was my choice, I just have nothing to say anymore. My life sucks. Anything I could say would make me fall down deeper into the pit called life.

I wince as Chelsea kicks me, and then Blake joins in. My creeper beanie falls off as more and more people join them, yelling things like "Why don't you say anything blondie?" Or "No one loves you!" Tears stream down my face as they hit he same bruises as the days before. Then my arm. They broke it, but no one has noticed. That was for my birthday, two days ago on the 16th.

Then the aide blows the whistle and they walk away as if nothing had happened, leaving me to pull myself together. I pick up my lunch that I had dropped, and my beanie, shoving it back on my head. I limp slowly towards the gathering line, not bothering to think about what was to happen later when my so-called "parents" saw the bruises.

-~-

How do you like the first chapter?

Jess is on the cover if you wanna know what she looks like.

Bai gems!