Better Late Than Never

Okay so this time i'll update the next chapter only when this chapter reaches say? 50 votes and 100 comments!!!

_________________

"Are you crazy?!" Everyone speaks, they're whispering to eachother, the whole meeting room having a comotion. Zayn stands at the front, sheepishly having suggested that they raid Vaera's ship. He scratches the back of his neck, then looks over to Peter whose already looking at his with a smile, Peter sends a thumbs up to Zayn in order to encourage him. Zayn can't help but smile back. Then Zayn looks over to Harry whose talking to Louis, it looks like he's reasoning with him; Zayn's idea isn't that bad. Right? Finally he looks over to the love of his life that he so desperately wants back. Liam looks miserable. He's staring at the table, glaring away. It causes Zayn to frown. But he has no time to talk to Liam, because Justin starts speaking.

"Shut up! Everyone!" And the whole room goes silent. Justin waits for a few moments to let the talk die down completely. And then he speaks.

"Zayn, I'm sorry, but what you've just suggested is suicide" Zayn's expressions turn cold. What was he expecting? That all of them would just be ready to go with him if he needed them? Ofcourse not, all of them had families they needed to think of; childern, lovers. While Zayn, all he had was JARVIS.

"I cannot allow my agents to risk their life like that. I'm sorry" Justin says. Zayn looks around everyone has faces filled with relief, except for Liam, Peter and Harry. Harry and Peter look at Zayn with pity while Liam's looking at him with an unreadable expression on his face. Zayn opens his mouth to say something, but he can feel the tears pooling up his eyes. So he decides to run out the room, hoping none of them would follow but Liam does.

***

"Do you know what really gets to me?" Peter speaks up, getting everyones attension in the same room Zayn just ran out of. Everyone looks at him confused. He stands up.

"The fact that Zayn Malik cares so fucking much about his friends, and they don't even realise it" Peter snaps, not letting anyone interrupt, "He'd never tell you why he accepted the Avengers Initiative. Took all of you in?"

Everyone stays silent. Not knowing what to say.

"He'd never admit that his worst fear in the world is losing all of us! He would be willing to give up everything he has, for each one of us" Peter pauses to look around, everyone has black faces, "because we're his friends, the only real, stable thing he has in his world."

"And the worst thing is, the Avengers, all of you, will never understand the lengths he would go to for all of you. You will always see him as the cocky, confident, look-after-number-one kind of guy. And that just breaks my heart" Peter finishes, theres a moment of silence, and then Peter speaks up again.

"I don't know about any of you. But I for one will not sit here while my best friend self destructs. Because the difference between Iron Man and all the rest of us, is that there was no spider bite, or some stupid super soldier serum. He had to build himself." Peter starts walking towards the door, when he's almost out he turns around.

"I want you to remember that theres a person inside that iron suit, and it will always hurt if he falls"

***

"Zayn! Wait up" Liam says, he can easily catch up with Zayn if he wanted. But he stays back until Zayn gives him permission. Zayn stops and turns around, his eyes red from the tears that are falling down his cheeks.

"What do you want?" Zayn snaps at Liam. Liam knows what he should do. So he steps closer to Zayn and pulls him into a hug. A little spark goes inside Liam's heart as Zayn places his head on Liam's chest. He cries into it, wetting Liam's shirt. Liam pulls him closer wanting to comfort the boy because seeing him like this is hurting Liam.

"I'm sorry" Zayn says, Liam eyes widen a little at the words.

"What for?"

"For asking them. I shouldn't have. I'm not worth it" Liam tries shushing the boy to get him to stop crying but it doesn't work. So he slowly guides the two of them into his room because they're close to it. Once they're inside Liam takes Zayn to the bed and helps him sit down.

Zayn stares at his lap, fiddling with his fingers not looking at Liam. Liam takes Zayn's hand into his causing Zayn to look up. He squeezes Zayn's hand and smiles at him.

"I don't care about what the others think." He says, "They're not worth it, you are"

"But but" Zayn starts, but Liam cuts him off.

"Niall told me everything that happened. Us, the spell, me and him, everything. And you have no idea how I feel. I'm such a jerk. I left you right before we were about to-"

"No li, don't its not your fault. She was controling you" Zayn whispers, Liam sighs and puts his hand on Zayn's cheek.

"It is all my fault, I can't even imagine all the pain you went throught"

"Li..." Zayn whispers, they're lips are just an inch apart, Zayn can feel Liam's breath on his lips. His heart is thumping loudly in his chest, his knees feel weak. Theres a shiver that goes down his spine.

"I don't know why you thought you needed to reverse the mind stone to get me to love you again, because I never stopped"

And with that Liam connects their lips.