Chapter 23: This Feeling in my Heart.

Start from the beginning

As I laid there thinking about my flashback, I couldn't help but remember the feeling of being trapped in my own body as my wolf was in control.

My breathing became quicker until I started to gasp for air. I was panicking again thinking about my wolf.

Jen's face popped up in my mind, erasing whatever memory I was remembering. I smiled at the image wishing so hard I could touch her face again.

The door to my room opened making me look up with excitement thinking it was Jen but in walked Sharry carrying a board in her hands.

"I don't know how you're alive with the amount of platinum and wolfsbane you had in your system, you should have stayed dead even if it just affected your wolf.

My wolf was an ruthless asshole who fed on people's fears but I knew I couldn't hate that part of me because I was the one who created it in the first place. Fourteen years ago, I would have killed to have my wolf in control but instead it turned my wolf into a prick with no heart.

I was dormant in my own body letting my animal side ride in the real world. It wasn't until I met Jen that I actually woke up in my subconscious. Although, I couldn't protect her from the terrible things my wolf did to her, I knew I would always love that girl. I fell for her through my wolfs eyes even though through his eyes, he saw her as a threat to his "throne".

I fought with my animal side quite a lot whenever he treated Jen wrong but he was too strong and always won.

For a long time now, I wished, I wished so hard that I never had my wolf take control especially when I think about the hurt I've caused Jennifer.

Her face kept showing up in my mind making me get out of bed to hunt her down.

"What do you think you're doing!" Asked Sharry.

I didn't say anything but just as I took a step forward I collapsed onto the floor.

With inhuman strength, Sharry basically picked me up like a toddler and sat me on the bed. I looked at her with wide eyes not realizing that she was way stronger than me now.

"Uh..." I just didn't know what to say. It was weird now, I used to scare people. They were so afraid of me and now, she could kill me in a second.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't see the needle that was inching towards my skin.

"Wait!" I felt a tiny prick on my arm giving me goosebumps. My thoughts became a little fuzzy and then for the first time in fourteen years, I fell into a blissful sleep.

***

My eyes fluttered open when I felt something dripping down my arm. I found a weeping Jennifer clutching my hand, holding it to her heart.

She looked up when I stroked her cheek. Her tear-streaked face suddenly glowed with happiness. "Shawn!" Her arms flew around my body making me wince and laugh at the same time.

"Ow!" I was only kidding but she immediately pulled away making me want to growl but I couldn't anymore.

"Sorry! Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" She looked like she was about to cry all over again. I sat up, wincing again from the pain in my chest, and I grabbed her arm pulling her close to me. She placed her head on my good shoulder, laughing.

I squeezed her body, feeling the warmth radiate around us. I closed my eyes and put my chin on her head, sighing in content.

This feeling I had hit me right in the heart, making it beat faster the longer she was in my arms.

I didn't care if I was human now, the only thing I cared about was keeping this women safe, happy.

She pulled away from me and looked in my eyes and then to my lips. I couldn't help myself but look at her lips too. They were chapped, like she was dehydrated but I still couldn't stop but think about my lips touching her lips.

Just as I leaned in, the door slammed open making me and Jen jump in fright.

Jennifer didn't waste a second when she saw Nathan and Carter come in. She stood at the end of my bed, blocking my view of him, sneering. "Get out. I won't ask again."

Nathan stepped closer to her and I jumped out of the bed, my injuries forgotten, and stood in front of her.

"I don't care if I am human, I will kick you in the ass if you step any closer." I threatened, my voice low and deadly.

"Okay listen, I know you don't like me right now and I totally understand but you have to listen to me." Nathan was talking fast and anxious like he was scared of something. Carter looked at us with pleading eyes.

"What is it?" Jen must have detected the stress in his voice because she sounded scared.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her to my body, comforting her.

Carter took in a shaky breath, looking at Jen with fear in his eyes. "It's-it's dad. He's back."