"You're the one who said you owned me. You should know better than to leave a puppy alone without letting him out to take a piss or feed him or give him toys to chew on." I responded defensively. Cain still didn't say anything. I think he was too pissed to even bother. Malachi gestured for me to follow him and we left Cain's room, passing Hannibal on the way out. His eyes followed me for a moment before going to Cain.

As soon as we were down the hallway, Cain screamed angrily and there was a loud crash. I looked back down the hallway to see Hannibal also leaving to avoid Cain's wrath.

"That was kind of childish of you." Malachi commented as we teleported back to the lobby of his palace. I shrugged carelessly, folding my arms over my chest.

"He shouldn't have locked me up," I responded, then frowned, still feeling uncomfortable after the whole thing with Cain in the kitchen back at his place, "Ah, Malachi. I'm gonna just, you know, throw a rhetorical question your way." Malachi raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything, so I took that as my cue to continue speaking. I cleared my throat, rubbing the back of my neck and turning my back so Malachi couldn't see my expression in case it betrayed me.

"So, ah, say Theo killed you."

"He can't."

"I said this was rhetorical, you literal shit."

"Okay, fine. Hypothetically, if he could kill me and then what?"

"Would you forgive him for that?" I asked, turning to look at Malachi now. His mouth had worked into a frown and he cocked his head. He obviously knew what it was about, but he seemed to seriously be considering it, much to my relief. Malachi shrugged, folding his arms over his chest.

"Not sure, Abel. Our father raped my mother and I still haven't forgiven him for that, centuries later." He admitted, making me grimace. Yeah, my brothers and I, no matter the different mothers, were still alike one way or another. I wondered if this whole grudge thing came from Hades's side of the family. I sighed and just nodded, heading down the hallway to go to the dining hall since Cain had so kindly neglected to feed me. Unfortunately, I heard Malachi following close behind me.

"What's this about, Abel? What happened," He asked sincerely, frowning in concern, "I came into your room to find it torn apart and I had no idea where you were, so I went to Cain, knowing him. Sure enough, he told me you were locked in his bedroom. Obviously a bad idea on his part."

"Totally," I agreed, then hesitated in the middle of the hallway as Malachi faced me, looking down at me in concern as I folded my arms tightly over my chest, "It's just... I dunno. I'm really, really stupid."

"I know that." Malachi deadpanned. I glared at him, then looked away, frowning.

"No, I mean... Only stupid people forgive people who hurt them, right?" I asked. Malachi pinned me with an intense stare.

"Abel, if you're thinking about forgiving Cain, forget it. You've already made that mistake and he threw it back in your face." He told me, honestly sounding nervous about my indecision. I shifted uncomfortably. It wasn't like me to talk about something like this so seriously with someone, even Malachi. I had made it perfectly clear to him that I didn't like talking about Cain, didn't even like hearing his name, and that being in the same room with him burned me. And yet...

"He kissed me," I said at last, looking up at Malachi, who stiffened, "He sounded like the way he used to. Before he killed me."

"Which time?" Malachi challenged. I flinched at that, looking back down. Malachi sighed, running hand through his hair before tilting his head to look at me.