Two

Natalie's POV

I sit down on the couch with my arms crossed waiting for an answer. By the look on my face, they could tell that I'm pissed. Jodie sits next to me, her hand slightly on mine trying to comfort me. Vance sits on the other side of the couch while Mason just stands like an idiot with that disgusting smirk on his face.

"Natalie, What I'm about to tell you is very difficult for you to understand." Vance warns.

"Okay.."

I hear him sigh, "Okay this is how you're his mate." He started, "A few years ago before you were born, Your father and I were real close, everyone thought we were brothers actually."

"Wow." I'm surprised, this kinda explains how he knows Jodie.

"The thing was, we were both from different packs. Not enemies but his pack wasn't too fond of us." He stated.

"Why not?" How come they're telling me this now. I don't really remember my dad but Jodie never mentioned he was in a pack.

"Because, I was inlove with your mother. She was his luna, I wanted her, almost everyone did. She was beautiful, stunning, an angel. Who wouldn't want that? Your father found out what happened and we got into an argument which ended our friendship." He says with such sorrow in his voice.

"Oh my gosh.."

"So, since I couldn't have her, we made a bet."

"Which was?" I ask.

Mason cuts off Vance,"The bet was since he couldn't have your mom, I could have you." He smirks.

I cringe from the look of his face.

All I can say is, "Oh."

"Wait," I start, "was my mom you know, normal? Not a wolf I mean."

He nodded, "She looked exactly like you."

"Really beautiful." Mason cuts in.

"I know you're overwhelmed but you leave tomorrow." He says in a stern tone.

This soon? I have to leave already,"What, why?" I ask.

"The whole pack is waiting to meet you." Mason said. "You're not gonna live a normal life anymore."

I felt shocked,
"This isn't fair!" I shout.

"Natalie, this was meant to be." Jodie tells me. No, this isn't meant to be I don't deserve this. I can't be his mate, I can't. I shouldn't be forced to do something I don't want to do. This is too much for me to handle.

"Natalie, say something.." Vance calls out. I can't speak, I have no words. I'm overwhelmed with everything, I just found out my dad was a wolf, And I'm forced to be Mason's mate. I don't want this.

I'm freaking out.

I can barely hear myself breathe.

I need to calm down, No I can't but I must.

"Natalie, are you okay?" I could tell by the look on Their faces they seemed worried. "Please say something." Mason begs.

"I can't.." I mumble.

I see Mason reach out to me but before He could touch me, I burst out of the house. I'm running, the cool breeze blowing on my face, my hair covering my sight. I have no idea where I'm going but I continue to run, I hear the sky growling assuming it's gonna rain.

I don't care, I continue to run. I feel my legs grow tired so I stop. I look around as I adapt to my surroundings, I'm in the woods.

I hear a twig snap behind me, "Natalie?" I hear Mason call out.

Shít.

I started running again. My legs were already sore, I didn't care. I needed to get out of here, away from them. This was too much for me to handle. I hear Mason's voice fading behind me. How did he even find me? I don't care anymore, I kept running.

I stopped running I feel safe, I think I lost him. I stood there trying to catch my breath, I was panting. Out of no where I felt arms wrapped around me, I scream.

"Shh, It's me." Mason cooed.

I tried wiggling out his grip but failed, he's too strong. "Natalie, stop." He demanded.

"Let me go!" I begged.

"No."

Before I could say anything else, he pushed me on the ground pinning my hands over my head, My gosh hes so strong."Stop." He warned. "Let me go." He just shook his head, "Why not?" I ask.

"You need to calm down." He says calmly,he's finally not acting like a douche."Look", he says, "I'm sorry how I acted back there. I'm just really lucky to have you." He looks deep into my eyes. "Please give me a chance? I'm not as bad as you think." He says with a slight smile.

"Okay."

I smiled back at him. I don't love him but I'll give him a chance, "You don't have to love me now." He says reading my thoughts,"I understand."

He gets off of me and reaches out his hand to help me up. I grab his hand and get up from the dirty ground, "You ready?" He asks.

I nod as we begin to walk back home, I could feel his hand slowly sliding into my. He turns to me looking in my eyes, I quickly look away hearing him chuckle.

He might not be as bad as I thought.

***
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know what you think of Mason.❤️