"I trust you to tell me the truth how sexy I am than the other girls out there."

"We're friends so, expect me to praise you all the time. Don't expect me to say you were skinny because it'll hurt your ego."

She just laughed. What's so funny? Everybody knows friends can lie to each other just to make each other feel better. But honestly, all the praises and compliments suits her.

"How's you with the intern?"

"We're great," she replied, still on boomerang and posting instagram stories.

"Mind sharing the latest?" I sat up and gave her a knowing look.

"We went on a date the day after my birthday. And yes, it's another memorable night."

She began closing the app and placed her phone next to her. She sat up and gets excited at the topic. I gave her a smile. I knew I'd get jealous. Why did I even have to ask and hurt myself? Maybe this sounds better. Trying to get used to all the hurt might help.

"Why was it memorable?" I asked, trying to swallow the bile that has gotten up on my throat.

"Dean told me he loves me," she beamed and I could clearly see she's happy with her life right now.

Ugh. I am not jealous, I envy her for having a perfect story. Stupidity always comes with me.

"He is your boyfriend. Of course, he'll say that because you guys are together."

"It was memorable. It's because he gave me a dog. Well, yes. I'm used to seeing hundreds of animals in the clinic. But it's different when it comes from someone you love."

This time, I'm starting to believe he is such a perfect guy for my best friend and that he would never hurt her. She was closing her eyes and it's obvious her eyes were happy and imagining she was with Dean.

"Leon is the dog's name. It was given by his dad when he was five. But then he was willing to give me his bestfriend just to make me happy. So, I call it memorable. He even saw me crying wearing my night gown. But he didn't care and laughed softly saying I'm still beautiful though the tears washed my makeup away. I knew it was every guy's different way to get the girl or fool her. But for Dean, I believed it was real. He was really in love with me, Lauren."

I gave her a smile. They were both lucky to have each other.

I walked towards her and embraced her with my arm. She was just born lucky. She was just born to have all the pretty things. And I am so glad she is happy. Seeing her smile and hearing her telling her love story just makes me so proud what she has.

"Yeah, I now believe it was memorable for you, Phoebe."

I couldn't say anything. I know I am proud. But I was too jealous to wish I have the same story as hers.

"What are your plans now?" I asked when we pulled away from each other.

"I don't know. Marry him and get away?"

We laughed and I poked her head.

"Ouch! What's so wrong about it?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Marry him and live with your parents," I commanded.

"And why is that? Can we not live our lives privately?"

"Five years before that."

"Why?"

"Your parents need to see Dean's real attitude. He needs to take care of your aging parents. He has to show what he's got to prove he's worth having you. Then—"