Chapter 7. The Tutor!

My eyes shot wide open, my heart in my throat.  'What does that dream mean?' I asked myself.  'It felt so real...' Pondering it for a minute, I calmed my breathing.  Not before long, I moved very slowly from Richard's side and glanced at the clock, 5:43.  The frightening end of my dream scared my tiredness away, despite lack of sufficient sleep.  I still had an hour to get ready before Richard would wake up and take me to school... So I decided to busy myself until that time.

Not wanting to wake Richard and get distracted, I carefully slid from his bed and headed for the bathroom, easily maneuvuring in the dark from memory.  I shut the door gently and turned the light on, wincing from the brightness pounding into my eyes.  I used the toilet first then turned the shower on, letting it run on hot while I brushed my teeth. Staring into the mirror I noted the dark purple rings underneath my eyes.  I hadn't noticed them before.  They had slowly began to appear ever since Mr. Ghost intruded into my life.  Before then, I always went to bed on time on school nights, except on rare occasions like these, did my homework days in advance, washed the dishes, did my laundry, and even worked a summer job.  I never got grape stains under my eyes.  Not even during paintball fights.

With a sigh, I hopped in the warm albeit steamy shower and massaged my scalp to relieve some stress.  Humming a peaceful tune, I closed my eyes and let myself get washed away in relaxation.  Within a few minutes I was feeling much better. Refreshed, clean, energized, but now my physical dezires were taking toll. 

Rumble... Grrrwooo.

"Ooh my stomach.  Chili cheese!" I laughed at myself for craving something so random in the morning. I usually just ate two fried eggs and cinnamon toast.  'Weird.'

I got out of the shower, wrapped myself in the bathrobe, shut the bathroom light off and skittered back into Richard's room.  I peeked at him in bed and he was still sound asleep, and laying horizontally across the bed.  I snickered softly then headed quietly to the closet to get some clothes.  Since I frequently stayed at Richard's I had brought half a dozen outfits to his house just in case of emergencies... like these!  I grabbed some clothes under the dimlit closet and started drying off before getting dressed while wringing out my hair.

After a minute I returned to the bathroom and started on my make-up.  Hmm... I studied my outfit carefully to see what colours would match.  A bright multi-coloured thigh-high dress with red and black flowers on the left spaghetti strap and low cut black lace sleeves to just above the elbow, a bright pink 2-inch wide belt around the waist, and black leggings underneath with matching Gucci hot pink high heels.

Qa-Yute! 

Hmm... light pink lipgloss, mocha latte brown mascara and eyeliner, a touch of peach blush and a bit of sunscreen to protect my skin!  I get freckles and sunburned easily so I'm very careful not to forget my lotion.  Squinching my eyes I studied myself some more. "Meh, something's missing... Aha! Earrings!"  I grabbed the long pink chain earrings from my pocket and attached them.  "There, perfect!"

Last but not least, my hair!  Since I'm scared of blowdryers due to a bad experience once in junior high, I ruffled out my hair and applied some Aloe Vera gel.  One rule I always go by.  NEVER brush my hair while it's drying.  The curls that naturally form will be frizzy and thick instead of clustered and smooth if I brush them. So instead I just run my fingers through it a few times and Voila!  Perfection.  Not a single strand out of line.  Still a bit wet, but oh well.  With the North Carolina heat, it'll be dry in another hour.

Strolling into Richard's room, I glanced at the clock.  Only 6:23?!  Gawsh!  In another seven minutes I'll wake up Richard if he's not already.  I'm not letting him sleep away while I'm awake.  Bored even, I tried to think of something to busy myself.  Running to his kitchen I started making breakfast.  Perfect thing!