Chapter 9. Tennis Court

        The next day I was up and walking with Hanako around the park, having just enjoyed a ride in her purple bug.  I was wearing casual white leggings with a pink tunic like dress meeting at mid-thighs and brown leather boots.  My hair was fixed in a loose ponytail that laid on my back.  Hanako wore a purple bow shirt, white skirt, and 5 inch stilettos which I insisted were the worst shoes to wear going to the park because we might start playing sports, but she insisted.  She insisted on being taller than me, even though she was a small tiny girl.

        We walked and talked about whatever, what her family was doing, what my family was up to, how Richard and I were, among other things.  Then we got to the subject I had been avoiding the most and hoped she would never bring up.

        "So..." Hanako started slow.  "I heard you got a tutor!"

        "No," I groaned.  "No, no, no, no, no-"

        "Wow, sheesh Andie.  Drama Queen.  Is he really that sexy?"

        "What?!" I exclaimed, stopping in my tracks.  A blush flourished to my face despite what she said being totally untrue.  "How could you say that?  No, no no no means I hate having a tutor, not the total opposite."

        "Sure, sure.  Calm down.  I said he was sexy, not that you're going to marry him.  You have Richard for that." She nudged my shoulder and gave me a wink.

        "Psh." I nudged Hanako back. "You haven't even seen him, how would you know if he's sexy?"

        "Because you haven't talked about your tutor once.  You haven't even mentioned him.  Heck, you didn't even say you had a tutor let alone whether it was a man or woman.  You totally didn't even tell me a thing.  Me, your best friend!"

        "Ah, now who's being a Drama Queen?" I teased, trying to change the subject.

        "Shuddup." Hanako narrowed her eyes.

        "How'd you find out about him anyway?"

        "Oh, a little bird flew to my windowsill and told me."

        I narrowed my eyes.  "My brother."

        Hanako smiled. "You got me.  So, tell me about the sexy, gorgeous tutor!  Before I make you walk home."

        "At least I'm not in heels.  I'll be fine." I looked straight ahead and walked silently, pretending to be perfectly satisfied with walking home and determined not to talk about my hideous, non-sexy, non-gorgeous tutor!

        "Wow, you're serious." Hanako realized.

        "Wow, I am." I mocked sarcasm.  If that's possible.

        "Shuddup. Tell me what he said.  He said something.  Or he did something, something that made you all ticky."

        "Ticky...  He didn't say anything or do anything.  He just taught me how to hate Chemistry even more.  That's all."

        "Riiight.  And I'm supposed to believe that?  Fess up, country girl!" Hanako poked my side and I giggled and exclaimed, jumping away from her.

        "Jeez stop!"

        She smacked me on the shoulder. "Not until you fess up!"

        "Hey!" I smacked her back.  Great, not the smacking competition.  It is the most immature, nay funniest competition Hanako has to perform to pressure me into telling her exactly what she wants to hear.