Chapter 13. Target Practice

        ~After Tutor Session~

        I let out an alarmed shriek as the hexagonal checkered black and white ball headed straight for my face.  I jumped out of the way, instead of raising my hands to block it.  The swoosh sound of the ball hitting the net goal behind me alerted me of just how bad of a goalie I am.

        "You're making this awfully easy for me, Andrea!" Seamus' playful voice was almost annoying to me as I blushed.

        "Maybe if I wasn't target practice!" I grumbled just as playful.

        He chuckled while I grabbed the ball to throw back into the field.  Another mistake I made.  The ball was mine, I was supposed to run into the field and kick it.  Seamus took the opportunity to steal the ball and start kicking it right back towards little ole me.

        "Who needs practice?  You make such an easy target." Seamus wittily replied.

        I glared, knowing he was totally right.  "It's not like this is fair game!  You're a skyscraper with superhuman speed!" I shouted at him as he approached me with the ball gliding fluidly between his feet, around, in circles, behind, and I moved along with my arms outspread, ready to actually block the ball this time.  I saw his foot lift from behind, ready to kick the ball. 

        PTTT.

        Another childish shriek whistled from my throat as the ball headed straight for my face.  Again!  This time I brought both my arms together, elbow to elbow, wrist to wrist, and the ball hit SMACK DAB into my arms and bounced back into the field.  I lowered my arms and exhaled with a huge smile.  I jumped into the air with a totally different type of shriek, one of joy.  I started doing a happy dance.

        "Wooo, did it!  I did it!" I sang, rolling my arms around shaking my hips, strutting to and fro like some soppy 80s dance song was playing in the background, like that one at the beginning of Teen Witch.  A few seconds later I was lifted by a great force wrapped around my waist from behind.  I squealed as I kicked my feet in a fake struggle.  "Seamus!"

        "You're so quick to learn, and so easily off guard!" His voice close to my ear, was rumbling like a thunder cloud preparing to strike lightning into my heart.

        I lost my breath as he decided to raise me even higher off the ground, as high as he could, and pressing what was probably his nose against my neck.  It tickled slightly and brought heat to my cheeks and neck.  I felt his hair fall onto the side of my face as I squealed even more.  "Put me down!" I squealed.

        "Stop being target practice and I will!"

        "Psh.  Fine fine.  I surrender!"

        I was set down with a gentle thud and I ran from him instantly, going towards the ball.  I started kicking it far far away from him, towards the opposite side of the field.  He watched me while he jogged alongside at a casual easy speed, obviously arrogant about how easy it was for him to not try.  I ran faster, kicking the ball harder as I practically sprinted across the field.  The goal got closer and closer, Seamus still matching my pace.  When I felt I was close enough to the goal I braced for a huge kick.

        PTTT.

        I kicked and the ball flew into the air, straight for the center of the goal.  I was about to jump in victory when Seamus' large, swift body soared through the air and caught the ball in mid-air, rolling in a sideways somersault onto the ground.  "Gah!!!" That was the thousandth time he blocked my score!  Seriously!  I ran over to him laying on his back on the grass, ball beside him as he breathed heavily from exertion. I looked down at him, his black hair scrawled all over the grass, slightly shiny from dew and sweat.  "You are just too good at this." I complimented in a playfully angry way.