Chapter 4. Lost and Found

"Gh-gh-gh-"  Something utterly wrong with me.  First off, I'm stuttering.  Second, I'm in the arms of a 'gh-gh-ghost!'

Before I could exhale, his nose was at my neck and he inhaled deeply before whispering.  "Sunripe raspberries is your appealing aroma, maid-eena."

His voice.  It's so... alive.  Not raspy, not ludicrous or paper-scratchy.  It was actually smooth, baritone, and pleasantly sharp.  I was taken aback, but alas, my arms were cramping.  What do you do when a ghost is holding you intimately in a public library?!  I've asked myself that question every day since I was twelve.

Not. Really.

"Heh," I chuckled back, trying not to let my eyebrows reach the ceiling.  "Er," my face was heating up, and his hands were leaving scorch marks on my back.  I was highly aware that his body was that of a man's, about thirty years old, and his skin was cream milk and elastic.  Admiring his 'back to life' self, I suddenly got angry at my ghost.  If he could come to life this easily and this fully then what does he have me running around for?  I was madly insulted, not for him playing tricks on me, but for me turning into his gullible 'maid-eena'.

"Hey," I cried out in frustration and nudged him.  "Why do you have me running after useless objects when you're here, healthy and alive, already?"

"Tsk tsk tsk," He clicked his teeth and murmured something in what sounded French, Latin, and Gaelic combined.  "I'm only here for a moment, so while I am I think I'll hold you."

"Eh?" I elongated that sound for a few seconds while the right side of my lip went up along with my right eyebrow.  "I'm not helping a perverted ghost-"

"Ghost?" Ronald's annoying voice crashed into my me from the right side.

My head flipped over towards him and I panicked for a split second before chuckling slyly.  "Roleplaying," I replied instantly with a keen smile.  "Prince Casper and Wendy."

Prince Casper and Wendy?  Oh that's ridiculous, but play along...

"Roleplaying in the middle of a library, man, you sure are weird-" Ronald rolled his eyes and walked off.

Thud.

I cried out in pain, the wind knocked out of me as my ass did an elephant plop onto the hard carpet.  "Da hell," I muttered.  I was just given my wish in a harsh manner, dropped like an unwanted paper rag.  I was about to retort angrily at Mr. Ghost when my lips were stunned into Biting-Apple-Mode.  Mr. Ghost's brows were knitted in confusion and he was searching his surroundings as if he were lost.

"Err... you alright?" I asked.  I'm the one sitting on the ground with a bruised derriere...

Mr. Ghost's reaction to my voice was shocking to say the least.  His gaze shot to me and he looked at me as if I were familiar, yet still a stranger.  It was like experiencing amnesia of the mind, but not with the eyes.

"Have we met?" He asked.  This time it was not Mr. Ghost talking.  I realized then the man Mr. Ghost had ... 'possessed' looked almost exactly like him! 

"Erm, just now." I answered with half a smile.

His eyes narrowed, as if just noticing I was on the floor.  He held out his hand like a friendly gesture, "Let me help you up."

No perverted intentions in his eyes or gesture, I took his hand without hesitation.  "Thanks," I smiled.  I stood and sucked in the gasp when stabbing pain shot through the back of my right thigh.  My cheeks flushed from dizziness though the smile on my face remained.

"What am I doing here?" The confused man asked, talking more to himself than to me.

"To ski." I retorted sarcastically.