Chapter 14

Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note only Claire and her story

Enjoy!

*****************

Claire's P.O.V

"Are you sure that you don't want to rest for at least a few days?" Mr. Yagami asked me as I sat on the couch in the hotel.

"I am fine. My injuries heal at an abnormally fast rate, so even though it has only been few days, I feel perfectly normal." I told him trying to rid him of his concern. "Besides I still have to take the entrance exams if I want to get into To-Oh. I can't do that if I'm just laying around."

"I know, but it's still important to rest after such stressing matters." He tried to argue before L joined the conversation.

"Normally, I would agree with Mr. Yagami, but I know with your stubbornness, it wouldn't really matter what I said to you." Spoke L in a knowing manner as he stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Glad to see we are on the same page." I nodded towards him before turning back towards the useless surveillance.

By now, I could tell that we weren't going to get Light to give out any information that would make us suspect that he was Kira. As much as I hate to admit it, he was pretty good at hiding his identity. If I couldn't see the Shinigami, I probably wouldn't know for sure that Light was Kira.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what happened to the Blood Moon's death note. Knowing them, one of the more idiotic members probably lost it on accident and then got killed for losing it. Yup, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

"Though, now that I think about it..." I started causing the others to look at me with raised eyebrows. "Anime sounds so much more appealing than watching surveillance that hasn't shown anything yet."

"You're an otaku?" L questioned me while I gained surprised looks.

"Yeah, but I'm perfectly sane, thank you very much." I gave them a bored look.

"I never would have guessed that you were into anime." Mr. Yagami spoke in a surprised tone.

"It's amusing." I shrugged before returning my attention to the boring surveillance.

"You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" L smirked.

"Oh, but of course." I gave my own smirk. "Where would the fun be if people knew every little thing about me?"

He only chuckled leaving Mr. Yagami befuddled as L wasn't exactly one to show very many emotions. However, we had gotten even closer since we found out each others identities, so it wasn't that strange to hear L chuckle. I was also living in the hotels now seeing as I didn't really have a home to go back to. I'm pretty sure that a good amount of my stuff was sent to storage including my tri-monitor computer set up. I'm actually going to miss that. All I had kept with me are the essentials such as clothes, brush, deodorant, tooth brush, etc.

Thankfully today would be the last day of surveillance. However, I had my entrance exams tomorrow where I would just see my prime suspect in person. Oh joy... Please note the obvious sarcasm... I already knew for sure that I was bound to get in. My IQ is abnormally high for someone of my age. I would say that it is as high or higher than L's IQ. I don't mean to say that in a cocky way. I am just going off of pure facts.

We watched and watched with no results. A few minutes before everybody else came, we went ahead and turned off the surveillance quite irritated with the lack of results. Well, at least me and L were, not that the others would notice considering the emotionless look that adorned our faces.