Chapter 10

Disclaimer- I do not own Death Note only Claire and her story

Enjoy!

****************************************************************

"Kuro!" Mr. Yagami exclaimed as I finished introducing myself standing up from his chair.

"It is a pleasure to see you again Mr. Yagami. You as well L." I added as I gave a slight bow.

"It's a pleasure to see you again as well... Kuro, is it? You have a knack for changing aliases, don't you?" L replied with a slight smirk.

"Wait, so Kuro isn't your real name?" Mr. Yagami asked me.

"I'm afraid not Mr. Yagami. For certain reasons, I have to change my name every so often." I explained.

"Hmm, I see. How many names do you have then?" Mr. Yagami continued questioning.

"Hmm, five to be exact. Four of them being aliases." I told them truthfully.

"Four? If I recall correctly, I thought you only had three aliases." L spoke up while the other investigators looked at me with mild curiosity.

"My first alias was 58400. My second was Ruin, then C, and then it finally became Kuro." My first alias was the name The Blood Moon came up with for me. All 'experiments' were given numbers for names. It was a way to keep us organized I suppose.

"Why would you have a number for an alias?" I stiffened as Matsuda asked his question.

"Somebody gave the name to me long ago and it stuck for quite a while." I told him rather vaguely with a hard look in my visible eye causing everyone to give me a slightly concerned yet curious look.

"Oh, erm, sorry for asking." Matsuda apologized.

"It's fine. It's not as though you being curious is a crime." I replied in a rather uncaring voice. "Shall we get to main topic of this meeting now?"

"Oh, right. We got off topic." Mr. Yagami stated the obvious.

"Hmm, I believe I was just about to explain how keeping criminals names from the public wouldn't be a very smart strategy." L reminds everyone.

"It's because it would put the general public at risk, correct?" I suggested/stated.

"That would be correct. Well done Kuro." L replied.

"The general public?" Ukita questions.

"Why?" Aizawa continued.

"Kira is childish and hates losing." L and I spoke in sync.

"But how do you know..." Matsuda trailed off.

"Well, I am also childish and I hate to lose. That's how I know." L explained before the rest turned to me for an explanation.

"Simple observations." I responded to their looks.

"Ryuuzaki, C, would you mind being a bit more specific?" So L is using the alias Ryuuzaki, eh?

"Early on in the investigation, I tried to provoke Kira with the broadcast. Up until then, we thought that Kira would only go after criminals. But as we all witnessed, he didn't hesitate to kill my stand in. Also as soon as I said we knew he was in the Kanto region, in defiance, he made sure that all of his next victims came from Japan. As if to say, 'What are you going to do about it?' L pauses as he takes a sip of his sugary tea. "He's met each of my challenges head on, and he's never missed an oppurtunity to return the favor. Now what do you think would happened if we tried to hide information from someone like that?"