Chapter 1

Disclaimer- I DO NOT OWN DEATH NOTE ONLY MY OC AND HER STORY PLOT

Enjoy!

******************************************************************

It was currently three years after I had been kidnapped, and I had almost given up hope on the thought of getting out of here. I could've probably escaped long ago, but this was the only way to keep L safe. My kidnappers knew how much I cared for L's safety, so they knew I wouldn't try to even attempt to escape which is probably why they don't put as stricter restraints on me like the other 'test subjects'. My restraints wouldn't be what you'd call light though. When I wasn't being experimented on, I would be back in that same cold room I woke up in when I was first kidnapped. I would be put in chains that connected to the wall, so I couldn't move very much. Not like I would want to though. The room was practically pitch black, but I had grown accustomed to it and could see fairly well in the room. I was fed once a week and given water three times a week. They treat me so well, don't they?

I would've kept thinking about how crappy these kidnappers were if it wasn't for the sudden gunshots resounding throughout the air. Tch, stupid guns. I officially hate them. While they can be used for defense, they cause more violence than I care for. The thing I was curious about was why someone was using their gun now. It wouldn't surprise me if one the other 'test subjects' tried to escape and were now paying the consequence. But there were to many gunshots for it to be only one person. Perhaps a rebellion, or maybe the fools finally got caught. I highly doubt the latter though considering the kidnappers operated in complete secrecy. As much as I hate to admit it, the kidnappers weren't stupid. Well... Let me rephrase that... Most of the kidnappers weren't stupid.

Now the door suddenly opening and revealing to much light for my liking was what you could call a surprise for me. They weren't supposed to come to experiment on me for approximately two hours forty two minutes and twenty three seconds. Yes, I kept count. Problem? No? Good.

What really surprised me was the police uniforms on the people who entered the cell with flashlights. So the jerks really did go and get themselves caught. I almost smirked at the thought but managed to keep a straight face... Until a stupid flashlight was shined over me causing slight irritation to show. Hisssss. The light! Keep it away dang it!

"We found another child sir!" The guy who had shined the flashlight on me called out to a man who stood at the doorway with a gun in a precautionary manner.

"Get her to safety then." The man responded.

"Yes sir!" The first man replied.

The man looked rather young with shaggy black hair and light brown eyes. He brought out some tools before crouching down and begin trying to pick lock the chains that bound me, but unfortunately he was doing it completely wrong. I grabbed the tools myself which seemed to surprise him as I saw shock cross his face when I began to pick the locks myself. Tch, what did he expect, for me to just sit there and wait for his fumbling to end. Yeah, no thanks.

I managed to pick the lock in the quick time of approximately twenty seconds which seemed to surprise the cop even more. Shock was written all over his face. This person shouldn't be that surprised. I mean seriously, aren't cops supposed to suspect the unexpected.

"Erm, sorry about that. I don't usually pick locks." He stated as we both stood up. "My name is Terrence Fletcher. I'm with the police and we're here to bring you to safety. Would you mind telling me your name?"

"You can simply call me Ruin." I told him in monotone voice that was very cracked due to not using my voice in what felt like forever.

"An alias?" He questioned as he brought out his gun when we begun to walk down the hallways.