35 | Asa

35
Breaking Dawn [Pt.2]
A s a

FOUR DAYS WITHOUT Bella and Edward, and Adele was having a great time. The others were rarely in the house because secretly they knew that once the newly weds returned from their honeymoon on Isle Esme, Bella would want to be Turned and the drama would follow thereafter.

Adele was sitting in the den in the basement, watching Max play with her dollhouse, when Paul walked into the house and sniffed them out - literally.

"Hey." He kissed her and sat down on the sofa beside her. He winked at Max, who looked up from brushing her doll's hair. "Where's the rest of your family?"

"Alice and Rosalie are out shopping. My dad is at the police station on a case - I suppose someone needed medical attention. Jasper and Emmett are at some race track on the outskirts of Port Angeles and Esme is having a spa day, I think."

He smirked. "So we have the house to ourselves?"

"Yes." Adele winked teasingly at him and whispered. "But we have Max here, so don't get any ideas."

"Me? Ideas? Nah."

"Oh, yes." She chuckled and played around with his hair. "My apologies, I forgot that I am the one with the brains."

"What are you implying?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at her. "Are you calling me a scarecrow?"

"A what?"

"A scarecrow - a brainless scarecrow." He repeated and she stared blankly at him. He gaped at her. "The scarecrow who wished more than anything to have a brain...?"

"Oh!" She laughed aloud and nodded. It was funny how easily he believed her antics. "I understand the reference now - The Wizard of Oz."

"Please tell me you're joking."

She bursted out into a fit of laughter and rolled her eyes. "Of course I am kidding. It hurts me that you believe I did not know what the Wizard of Oz was." She stood. "I knew the actress who played Dorothy."

He laughed and waved her off. "Of course you did."

She stared at him. "I'm serious."

His laughter died out when he realized she wasn't messing with him this time. "Wait, really?!"

"Yes." She nodded. His mouth fell open. He always had a habit of forgetting how old his imprintee really was because she just looked so While he remained in the moment, Adele turned toward Max who had her back to them as she played with her dollhouse. "Max, are you hungry?"

She turned around. "Yeah."

"What will it be?" She asked. Her daughter was the classic picky eater. "Macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets?"

Max nodded and Paul followed Adele to the kitchen. As she took out the box of macaroni and cheese, he grabbed the chicken nuggets from the freezer. "I'll handle the nuggets." He offered as he preheaed the oven. Once she began to boil the water.

"The last time someone said that to me, they stole my share of stolen gold." She said nonchalantly. "It was the heist of 1943, I believe."

"...You just have a bunch of stories up your sleeve, now don't you?" He deadpanned. He shut the oven and thought of what she would look like as a thief in the forties, running from authorities.

"Yes, I do." She grinned as she read his thoughts. They cooked in silence for a few moments. Adele added the macaroni to the boiling water and stirred whils Paul scrolled through his phone, waiting for the chicken nuggets to brown.