"I'm actually not that worried he'd hurt me. And you shouldn't be either." He responded. I glared at him, confused.

"What are you talking about? Does god killer mean nothing to you?" I demanded. Cain snorted, turning another page and pausing to make a mark over a particular outfit before he moved on, picking up some ambrosia to nibble on the end.

"You really don't remember?" He asked dryly, not looking at me. I scowled, but didn't answer him. I had no idea what he was talking about. Cain rolled his eyes.

"You may have ended up here through death, but I didn't," He drawled, pushing off the counter and wiping his hands together to get the crumbs off, then he faced me and put a hand on his hip, "God cursed me. Anyone who tries to kill me dies. He cursed me after I slit your throat." I stiffened, subconsciously reaching up to touch my throat before I dropped my hand and glared at him, but I didn't know what to say because now I felt even more stupid. How could I forget that? Still, it wasn't a good enough price for what he did. I knew God probably felt that justified it, but it didn't. Cain deserved more than a curse of eternal immortality against just about everything.

Even worse, I couldn't kill Cain myself, or else I'd die.

Then again, that didn't sound so bad. If I could manage to kill him, I'd already die with him.

Ugh, but knowing Hades, he'd find some way to resurrect us because he was too lazy to spawn more useless children.

"So," Cain drawled, getting that smug smirk on his face, "You were worried about me and wasted your last bit of strength to come tell me? I'm flattered." I curled my lip in disgust.

"I don't know why I bothered. Even if you did die, Hades would just bring you back." I muttered bitterly, to which Cain shrugged as he turned back to his magazine.

"Yeah, well, now that I finally have you in my clutches," He paused and cocked his head, "Mwahahaha, you can't leave." He looked back down at his magazine. I twitched.

"What the fuck do you mean I can't leave?" I demanded. I tried to teleport back to Malachi's, but it didn't work. Anger boiled in inside me, and it only got worse because Cain was ignoring me. I went over and grabbed him by the shoulder, shoving him back against the counter so we were face-to-face.

"Answer me!" I ordered. Cain smirked, leaning his elbows back on the counter and tilting his head so he was looking down his nose at me, which only infuriated me more. I went to grab him by the throat, but he smacked my hand away and grabbed me up around the waist, spinning us around so I was lying flat on my back on the counter, having knocked over all of Cain's things. In the next split second, Cain was straddling me, staring down at me intensely, his hand around my throat. I glared up at him menacingly, wanting to claw out those eyes that looked like mine.

"If I let you leave, you're gonna go back out to find Alexion so you can trap him, now that you're all better. Not to mention, I'm kind of getting pissed off that Alexion thinks he can mess with you. He needs to learn that you already belong to someone." He explained with threat in his tone. I clenched my teeth and smacked his hand away from my throat and tried to get up, but he shoved me back down by the shoulders.

"I'm not a toy, I don't belong to anyone!" I snarled at him viciously. Cain's eyes glinted in the chandeliers over our heads and leaned down until he was close enough for me to smell the sugary sweet nectar and ambrosia on his breath.

"You do. I told you that you'd always be mine. You belong to me." He added with smug satisfaction. I was ready to go off on a tirade at him when I suddenly remembered the dream I had. The weird dream where Cain had shown up and then I woke up with those marks on my wrists. My eyes widened and I jerked my head up to glare at him.