{twelve}

j a c k ' s p o v

I admired (y/n)'s every move and every feature. "The girl who saved me." I repeated over and over in my head. I sipped the coffee she brewed for me and continued my gaze.
"Why are you staring at me?" (Y/n) blushed, tucking some hair behind her ear.
"I'm not staring?" I tried I defend myself.
"You so were!"
"Was not.." I poked my tongue out. (Y/n) giggled at me. She had the cutest laugh, even when I was depressed it was the sweetest of sounds.
"Can we go out? For a walk maybe?" I asked.
"Of course, Jack! I'll get Simba."
(Y/n) left my apartment to get her dog. I planned the walk for when she came back.
Over the bridge and to the park, then I'll open up to her.
I was rejoined by (y/n) a few minutes later. We walked out very close together and headed for the bridge.
She admired the views, while I admired her.
(Y/n) is breathtaking to me; I don't know what she doesn't see in herself.
"Thanks for coming out.." I mumbled.
"No, I love walks!"
There was that giggle again..
Together, we reached the park and sat on the exact bench where we first spoke.
"Can I talk to you?" I ask nervously.
"You know you can! Anything is safe with me.."
"I may seem angry or upset but, I'm the happiest I've been in a long while. I'm free to live my life how I want. Signe restricted me and made me feel glum. Yeah, I'll admit, I was sad when she first left. That was only because I hadn't lived alone or slept alone in over a year! It took not that long to realise I didn't really want or need the negativity in life. I'm always saying 'Be more positive.' Now I can be. Recently though, something's walked into my life and lit it up again. It makes me so happy knowing it's there. It's perfect and beautiful. It's adventurous and free! I love everything about it and the best thing is, it's not Signe." I could feel my cheeks reddening as I spoke. (Y/n)'s face looked intrigued, yet happy.
"Wow. I-I don't know what to say? That's amazing, Jack. What's new with you then?" She had a calm tone to her voice.
I looked up and into her eyes,
"You."