{ten}

j a c k ' s p o v

I sat awake in my bed. The clock read 9:28am. My legs were tucked into my chest and my arms were crossed. I expected the worst to come.
Two years I've been in this hell-ridden relationship; it's time to get out of this mess. I could hear noises from her bedroom in the next room. The door opened and shortly after, so did mine.
"What's this?" She hissed, holding the paper. Signe stood in just a Tshirt with her hair in a messy bun. I used to find it super hot; things change.
"Signe..." I started.
"What is this? Sorry for what exactly?"
I didn't know what to say..
"I want to make this as easy as possible," I took a deep breath as she held a deathly stare at me, "Signe, were finished. I'm sorry."
She stood looking at me. The paper was still in her hand..
I went to turn my back to my computer,
"Why?" She breathed. Clearly, Signe was holding tears back.
"Things change, okay? Last year, I was drunk in love with you. But up up until a few months ago, I lost that love. It's not you. I promise, it's me." I tried to calm her.
"No, don't apologise. Don't tell me you loved me. I couldn't be anything to your YouTube job."
"Didn't love you? You know I love my career more than anything but you were my everything. If you wasn't so argumentative or unsupportive, maybe I would've spent more time with you!"
I knew I had to get bitter to make my point. I didn't want to, honestly I didn't. I had to.
"It's her, isn't it?" She coughed.
"Who?"
"It's that (y/n). I know it." Signe growled.
My blood was boiling; why has Signe got to hate (y/n)?
"You know what?" I raised my voice, "It is (y/n)!"
Signe shook her head at me and started walking away.
"Signe I think you should move out." I spoke in one long breath.
"Already way fucking ahead of you."
She took a pre-packed suitcase from her room and lugged it down the stairs.
"I'll get my stuff later."
And with that, she slammed my front door as hard as she possibly could.
I felt nothing. Nothing but anger.
I wasn't sad, tired, emotional. In a way, I was happy, yet infuriated. Signe held me back. I didn't want to be held back from a future and a life, for that matter.
I've got to do what's best.
I moved my head slightly to look out the window. Directly towards (y/n)'s apartment.