Moving

~Hi everyone. I'm just going to say a few things before u start reading. This book is fiction & I was inspired by the movies Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron & Flicka 3: Country Pride. If you haven't seen them I suggest u go & watch the movies, they are both amazing.

~This is all my work so plz don't plagiarize(copy it) if you do I will eventually find out & I don't wanna have to report anyone. Everyone can come up with their own ideas so there's no need to plagiarize.

~If your reading this book & you like it plz vote. Also All the pics I've used for my book don't belong to me. If you don't like this book, simply don't read it. There's no need for rude comments. And that's about it, enjoy.

________________________________

The final bell rang signaling the end of school. Everyone cheered. Summer was finally here. I gathered my books and walked down the hallway towards my locker.

Emily came up to me. "Hey Kate. Don't forget the sleepover at my house." I smiled. "Wouldn't miss it." Emily was my best friend she had brown eyes, curly black hair, and she wore glasses. She was a great friend. The only one of my friends I trusted completely.

I, on the other hand bore a similar resemblance to my mother. Like her, I had auburn hair and brown eyes. I wasn't much of social person. I mostly liked to read and play computer games. Horse back riding used to be a hobby of mine, but that was before I'd moved to New York.
I finally finished cleaning out my locker. Then I walked out towards the school bus with Emily. My Uncle Thomas usually picked me up but today he had to take his wife, May to the doctor. I didn't mind riding the bus, I was just anxious to get home and finally relax.

After dropping off most of the students the bus finally stopped at my house. I said goodbye to Emily and hopped off. I paused when I saw Uncle Thomas's car parked in front of the garage. He was home early. I took the extra house key from my backpack, unlocked the door and walked inside.

"Uncle Tom I'm home!" I called. No answer. It was then I realized most of the stuff in the living room had been packed into boxes. I pulled off my converse sneakers and set my backpack on the ground. "Uncle Tom! Are you here?" I called again. "In the back kiddo!" Came the reply.

I walked towards the back door and found my Uncle Tom in our backyard cooking some mouth watering burgers. I've been living with my Uncle Thomas, we called him Tom for short, here in New York ever since I was 11. Before that I had lived in Wyoming with my parents, that was before my mom died. After she died my dad had sent me to live with his brother Tom and his wife May. I could have stayed in Wyoming in our ranch but I couldn't bear it. My father had his own reasons for sending me away.
My uncle had suggested I live here in New York with them. My mother and I had so many memories in that house, so I left. My dad had remarried a few years later. Another reason why I never wanted to return.

I walked over to the wooden table and sat down. Uncle Tom looked up at me with his kind brown eyes.
"How was the last day of school?" I shrugged. "It was okay. But I'm glad it's over." Uncle Tom smiled and placed a burger in front of me and handed me a coke.

He was wearing a simple button shirt and shorts. He sat down. "Listen Kate we need to talk." I took a bite out of my burger. "Sure. But what are those boxes doing in the living room?"

Uncle Tom ran a hand through his half balding hair. "Well we went to the doctor today and they still can't find what's wrong with May." "Where is aunt May?" I asked. She wasn't really my aunt but I called her that out of respect. She was great woman. And she'd help raise me.

"She's upstairs, asleep. Kate, the doctor told us to take her out of the city. They said maybe that way her health could improve." I took a sip from my drink. "Okay where are we going?" I didn't have anything planned out for the summer besides going to the bookstore buying books and playing computer games, so I didn't mind traveling.

Uncle Tom looked at me. "Well Kate the thing is we're moving permanently. We just don't have the money to send you to another school." He paused. "I need you to go and live with your father in Wyoming." It took a few seconds for the words to fully sink in.

My eyes widened. "No, it's okay. You don't have to take me. I'll be fine here. I'll get a job and I'll work to pay the rent. Please Uncle Tom you don't have to worry about a thing." Uncle Tom sighed. "Sweetie, I can't put such a big burden on your shoulders. You're only 17. And I've already sold this house. I need the money to take May to a doctor." I realized I had already finished my burger. I didn't remembering eating it. My mind was elsewhere. I couldn't go back and live with my dad and my stepmom.

"Please. I'll come with you. I won't be a burden I promise. I can be homeschooled. Please Uncle Tom don't send me back there." My voice broke. Uncle Tom looked at me. My eyes were slowly filling up with tears but I refused to let them fall. "I'm sorry Kate. But I can't let you stop your education. I've already bought the plane tickets," he said quietly. I stood up. I took a deep breath to stop the tears from falling. "Ok then I'll just go and pack." I ran out of the backyard, washed my hands, grabbed my backpack and ran upstairs to my room.

Uncle Tom's house wasn't big. It had two bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs, a kitchen and a small living room. I slammed my room door and threw myself onto the bed. My tears finally spilled. This wasn't fair. I didn't wanna go and live with my dad and my stepmom, whoever she was. Eventually the tears subsided and i fell asleep.

I woke later in the day to find that the sun had set. Checking the clock beside my bed I saw it was 6:30 pm. I sat up. I guess I really better start packing. I walked over to my closest and pulled out two luggages.

The next hour I set about packing my clothes, my books and my laptop. Finally by 8:00 pm everything was packed. I looked around my empty room. It was then I released I'd forgotten about the sleepover. I grabbed my iPhone and called Emily. She picked up after the second ring. "Kate where have you been? Your 1 hour late." I sighed. "Emily I'm
Not coming." For the next thirty minutes I filled her in on everything. After I was done there was a pause then Emily asked, "so what are you gonna do?" "I have to go. I've got no choice and I want aunt May to get better." After talking for another few minutes we said our goodbyes. I was going to miss Emily.

There was soft knock on my door. I looked up and saw Aunt May enter. She was holding a tray with a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of water. I jumped up and took the tray from her. Aunt May sat down beside me. She looked tired. Her dusty blonde hair was in a messy braid and she looked thinner than usual.

"Sweetheart I'm sorry that you've got to go through this." She stroked my cheek. I held her hand against my cheek. "It's okay Aunt May. I just want you to get better." Aunt May leaned towards me and kissed my forehead. "I'm Going to miss you so much." I hugged her tight. "I'm going to miss you too." After a few minutes Aunt May stood up. "Eat your dinner then get some sleep." She left closing the door. I ate my dinner then went to take a shower.
After my shower I curled up in bed with my plush horse teddy bear. My mom had given me this horse teddy when I was 5 years old. I'd kept it until now. I set my alarm for 6:00 am, then I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke at exactly 6:00 am. Groaning I turned off the alarm. Today I was going to back to Wyoming. I packed my pjs and changed into my black jeans and a simple tee shirt. I grabbed my hand bag then dragged my luggage downstairs. Uncle Tom and Aunt May were already up. I sat down in the kitchen and silently ate my pancakes. I drank my orange juice then set my plates in the sink. Uncle Tom stood up. "Ready to go?" I nodded. Without a word I hugged Aunt May. She returned the hug. "I'm going to miss you so much," I whispered. I heard Aunt May sniff. I looked up and saw she was crying. "Aunt May it's okay don't cry. I'll be fine." She nodded and put a hand to her chest. Uncle Tom rubbed her shoulder. "It's okay. May go upstairs and rest."

I turned and walked to the door where I pulled on my converse shoes, and ran outside. I took a couple of deep breaths to stop my tears from falling, again. A minute later Uncle Tom came out carrying my luggages. I took my hand bag from him and walked towards the car where I sat down in the front seat beside the drivers. Uncle Tom put my luggage in the back. Then he turned the car on and backed the car out of the driveway. We were on our way to the airport.

~well i hope you all liked this first chapter, If u did then plz comment and vote.