Equestrain Club

The sun was shining brightly. The air was cool and crisp. Today was a perfect day to ride Spirit outside of the ranch. Of course I had to make sure I wasn't seen. My father knew I was trying to ride Spirit but he didn't know that I had already accomplished it. I had managed to keep it a secret for now.

Tom knew I rode Spirit, but he, like my father didn't know that I was planing on riding him out beyond the ranch. So after a quick breakfast, I particularly hurled myself out the door to get to Spirit. My father and Tom were going out. I didn't care about Alison. She hardly noticed anything. This was the perfect opportunity to ride Spirit.

I was almost to the stables where we kept Spirit for the nights, when I heard someone calling my name. I stopped and sighed in frustration. It was my dad. Forcing a smile I turned around. "Yes dad?"

"Where you off to this morning?" I kicked up some dirt. "Oh nothing. Checking on Spirit." Robert looked thoughtful. "Still no luck riding him?" My heart skipped a beat. "No."
What my father didn't know wouldn't hurt him.
Robert shook his head. "I told you Kate. He's a mustang. You can't tame them." I forced a laugh. "Ya I guess your right."

"Anyway i wanted to ask you. Do you wanna come with us for a ride? I gotta go pay Mr. Richards you could come and meet his daughter. They own a equestrian club."

A equestrian club? Now I was curious. I looked back at the stable. "Okay I'll come. Just let me feed Spirit and let him out." I guess riding Spirit could wait.

Twenty minutes later I was in the back of the truck. Robert was driving, and Tom sat in the passenger seat beside him. We drove out of the ranch and onto the main road where Robert took a right. I really didn't pay attention to where we were going but the ride seemed short.

"Were here!" called Robert. I looked up and my jaw dropped. We were passing a large white gate that seemed to surround the whole place. Up a head was a beautiful house that looked a like cabin but far grander. Wow, I thought, these people must be rich.

Robert parked his truck in front of the house. There was a white walkway leading towards the house. Tom smiled at me as we walked towards the red painted door. The columns that stood beside the door were decorated with pebbles. Rob rang the doorbell. At once the door opened and a tall beautiful woman with blonde hair opened the door. "Ah Mr Harrison welcome." She smiled warmly at us. "Hello Megan this is my daughter Kate." The woman, Megan smiled at me. Tom closed the door behind us and my jaw dropped a second time as I took in the hallway. The ground was covered in white tiles, and there were portraits covering both sides of the wall. In the middle of the hallway at the end stood a glass table.

I could see a picture frame and a horse statue on it. And behind the table stood a grand staircase leading to the upper floors. Megan led us down the hallway. I saw others doors, but they were all closed. At the foot of the stairs I noticed the hallway took a left and right. Megan turned to Robert. "My husband is in his office. Is your daughter here to sign up for our club?"

Tom and Robert looked at me. I shrugged. "Ya sure. Why not?" Megan smiled and clapped her hands. "Wonderful. Kate my daughter is outside practicing her jumping. You can go through that door." She pointed to a back door at the end of the hallway on the right side.

I looked at Robert. "Go on. When were finished Tom will come and get you."
I walked away from them towards the door that Megan had pointed too.
I opened it and found myself outside and my jaw dropped for the third time.

I was looking at two huge white gated pastures both filled with lush green grass. One of them had beautiful horses grazing in it, the other had a jumping obstacles. And between the pastures was a large fountain. From down to my right was a large, white stable. I turned my attention back to the pastures where a girl with blonde braided hair was jumping. A stoned walkway led to the pastures. Maybe we could become friends I thought as I walked towards the girl who was riding a beautiful white filly. Having a girlfriend wouldn't be bad.

I stopped and leaned over the gate and called out, "Hey! I'm Kate." Without looking back the girl called, "just a second." Her horse jumped clean over two fences before she dismounted. She gave her horse a pat before walking towards me. I couldn't see her face clearly because of her riding helmet.

"Are you Robert Harrison's daughter?" She asked. I smiled. "Yes I am." The girl removed her helmet and I froze. The girl was none other than Brianna.

~Cliffhanger. And Kate ran into Brianna again. What do you think she's doing at the Equestrian Club?