This Changes Everything

"There, up ahead!" Willow pointed in the direction of an island on the horizon. "Our next stop, the Buffalord Herders!"

"The what-alord herders?"

"The Buffalord Herders. They're a tribe of Dragon-friendly Vikings. They protect the herd of Buffalord!"

"Okay, and is that some type of yak?"

Willow just rolled her eyes.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

"Welcome, Willow and Marina! Your arrival is a happy surprise! Our people are so thrilled that you are here."

The leader of the Buffalord Herders, an elderly female dressed in a cloak of yak hide, greeted them.

"And if I may ask, who do you bring with you, atop the King of Myths?"

"This is Hiccup and his Night Fury, Toothless. They are my new trading partners," Willow answered.

"Welcome to our humble home! Please, let me show you to your tents where you can spend the day."

The woman led them out of her tent and over the dew-laden grass. Hiccup did his best to take in the beautiful plains. With the rising sun reflecting off the dew, it looked like the land was on fire.

Just then, Toothless warbled, "What is that?"

Hiccup looked and saw a massive dragon, big, brown, and round, sitting in the grass, chewing something very slowly. It had huge horns and spikes all over its body. It was very intimidating. At first.

Upon closer inspection, this Dragon didn't seem too bothered by anything. It was almost yak-like.

"Ah, I see you've noticed the Buffalord," the woman spoke.

Hiccup raised his gaze and noticed the plains were dotted with these dragons. So these were Buffalord. Huh. Not yaks at all.

"Uh, yeah."

"Yes, we protect them from poachers and hunters, looking for their healing siliva."

"Huh."

They continued to walk, passing many tents, until they reached what the leader was looking for.

"Here, you can stay in these two tents to rest up for your trades tonight."

"Thank you, Tiliegh," Willow bowed deeply, as did her Dragon. Hiccup followed her lead.

The woman left, and Hiccup stepped into one of the tents. It was nice inside. Cozy. But he wasn't tired. He wanted to mess with his cylindrical object some more.

"I don't know about you, bud, but I'm going to stay up for awhile."

Toothless yawned. "I'll come with you."

They walked back outside. The village was starting to come alive now. People began to move around. Many came out of their tents and began to tend to a garden or a yak.

Hiccup sat down against his tent and pulled the object out of one of the saddle bags. Toothless curled up next to him and shut his eyes, basking in the sunlight.

Hiccup pulled the Snow Wraith Tooth necklace off and inserted it into the object. He noticed that you could move parts of the cylinder to make different combinations, so he began to do so.

Soon, children began to come out into the morning sun to play. They climbed onto the Buffalord and slid down their backs.

One girl came out, and took a sudden interest in Hiccup. She looked about ten.