The Search

"Wakey wakey!" The roar woke Hiccup.

"Wha-?"

"Come on,  Snozzle Terror, let's go!"

"Toothless?" Hiccup blinked open his eyes, "What did you just call me?"

"A Snozzle Terror, anyway, HURRY UP!" Toothless brushed the name away before roaring in his rider's face.

Hiccup slowly sat up.  "And where did you get that?"

"Probably from Marina; she calls me that when I sleep in," Willow explained.

"Okay," Hiccup yawned, rubbing his head, "so, what now?"

"It's dusk, which means it's time to leave.  Get ready," and Willow walked out the open door.

"Well, bud, how'd you sleep?" Hiccup asked as he stood up and stretched.  He gazed out the 'window' into the newborn, purple night sky.

"Pretty well, that rock was really comfortable.  But niw, it's time to leave, so let's go!"

"Alright, it's time to leave, I got it."

Toothless led them out of the small, Rocky room.  The door closed smartly behind them.  Hiccup listened to it click shut.

They ran down the hallway and entered the room they had arrived in the day before.  Willow and Marina were waiting for them.

"Right, follow me, we need to get you two all kittered up with your part of the goods."

Willow and Marina walked to a much larger door at one corner of the large room.  Marina opened her mouth on a low burn and the door swung open.

The group entered a brightly lit hallway, with dips in the walls to house blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, red, black, and white flame.

"Whoa," Hiccup comented on the multicolored fire, "this is amazing!"

"Yeah, we burn different minerals to get different colors.  Such as copper for green, arsenic for blue, potassium for purple, and so fourth," Marina explained.

Toothless sniffed, "Is that... Garlic?"

"No, along with burning arsenic, you can get an odor like that of garlic."

"Oh."

Soon, they reached a fork.

"Uh, what now?" Hiccup asked.

"Follow me."

She took off down the right tunnel, running quickly, with Marina directly behind her.  Hiccup didn't question it, just raced after her.

Before he knew it, they reached another fork.  And another.  They were twisting and curving, climbing and dipping through the underground maze.

"How do you - know where - to go?" Hiccup asked through puffs of breath.

"I just do," Willow called back.

At last, far past when Hiccup lost his sense of direction, they stopped.  In front of them stood a door, with the same lock as all the others. 

Marina unlocked it, and they stepped into a huge room filled to the brim with goods.  Everything between fabrics, gems, scrolls and maps, metal, weapons, food, foreign concoctions and decorations, and half of the stuff Hiccup had never seen.  Including a cylindrical looking thing, like a kaleidoscope, that had something that looked like a dragon's head on one end.  It was covered in runes, and had a red gem in it, like an eye.  He looked back to Willow, not giving the object a second glance.