Friends or Foes

It had been a week. A week since Hiccup discovered he had a sister and that his mom still lived. Constantly he thought about how Berk was doing. Astrid probably killed the Monsterous Nightmare, but how was his dad? Probably celebrating. His tribes biggest pest and his biggest embarrassment, gone.

Hiccup loved it here. He had spent the week building his forge, remaking all of Toothless' rigs, and making his new room more... Hiccupy. He had also been practicing his Dragonese. Knowing five words didn't mean he knew the entire language!

However, it was hard. He often forgot phrases and words, but Toothless helped him out by repeating words over and over again. It got annoying.

"Sandwich. Sandwich. Sandwich. Sandwi-"

"Toothless, stop it!" Hiccup exclaimed one of the first phrases he learned. Right after he had learned food words such as sandwich and fish.

"-ch," Toothless finished the word just to annoy him.

Hiccup growled in frustration. He was at his desk in his room, working on a blueprint for another tail. He had made a temporary tail for Toothless, so they weren't grounded, but Hanna had given him a good idea.

She had suggested that he make the new tail fireproof, by sewing some of Toothless' scales onto the fabric. However, it would take time. Hiccup wasn't just going to pluck scales off his dragon. So he made a temporary tail while he waited for enough scales to fall off of the Night Fury.

He was using this time to come up with a new design that would be sleeker and would open cleaner than the last one. His desk and room were littered with designs for the new tail, drawing of Toothless, and even some other ideas he had come up with.

"Jelly. Jelly. Jelly. Jelly. Jelly," Toothless continued to mumble random words.

"Fine, I'll go eat lunch, if that's what you really want," Hiccup grumpily got up from the desk and walked to the kitchen, Toothless hopping merrily behind him.

When he got there, he glanced at his forge. He was quite proud of his work. It was looking a lot like the forge back on Berk. With the exception of the green Gronkle, Blade, who was sleeping in the corner.

Blade had become a regular sight in the forge, as Hiccup needed him so much.

Hiccup walked to the kitchen counter to see if there was any water in the jug, or if he would have to fill it up at the spring. The jug wasn't empty, but there wasn't much in it, so he grabbed it and turned to start walking to the spring.

As soon as he turned around, something clattered to the ground, breaking the silence in the cave. Hiccup jumped, almost dropping the jug.

Hanna stood over a wooden plate on the ground looking guilty and embarrassed. The situation had gotten very awkward. The two hadn't talked much since they met. Mainly because they were never in the same place. Hiccup in the forge and Hanna on Stonescale. But when they were in the same place, Hiccup barely knew her language and the words they exchanged were short.

Hanna quickly began apologizing. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!" She picked up the plate.

"It's okay," Hiccup told her in his best Dragonese. He realized that they should probably get to know each other better, they were twins, after all. "Do you want to go flying?" They couldn't converse easily yet, but another way to learn about a person was watching them fly.

Hanna's face lit up, as did Toothless'. Hanna let out a small roar of happiness while Toothless leaped up and down, his tongue lolling out of his toothless mouth. The red headed girl laughed at the sight.