"Hm?" Alden asked lazily when he finally addressed Jules.

Jules glared at the boyishly handsome ad exec and stepped in to his cubicle, perching her hip on the edge of his desk and leaned down so she was at eye-level with him when she spoke.

"Kayo ang paboritong topic ng mga tsismis ngayong araw na 'to dito sa work. What prompted those rumors?" she questioned.

Alden's response was a slightly bored shrug and a dismal smirk that was very non-committal.

"Seriously?" Jules was flabbergasted that he was being difficult with her of all people.

"Anong gusto mong sabihin ko?"

"Alden..."

"Jules..." he mimicked.

Alden felt guilty for not cluing Jules in on what was going on, but he needed to keep the ruse going for the sake of Maine's plan to work. They needed to get the rumor mill going for at least the next few days as they slowly amp up their 'acting chops' for the big reveal hopefully sooner rather than later. He wasn't entirely sure of the whole plan; Maine just briefed him on what she had in mind when they spoke, but everything else she kept to herself and hardly sharing much.

Maine, on the other hand, kept a close eye on her boss all the while keeping an ear glued to what was the latest update on the three rumors currently circulating the office about her and Alden. She was surprised on how fast the rumors started, but in a way she was thankful doon sa mga tsismosas na nagpasabog nang mga haka-haka about her and Alden's current relationship status. So far she has fielded inquiry calls from Jules, Ryzza, Joe and even Allan. Pao called made a special appearance at in her office around lunch time and took her out for lunch without caring if she already made plans with others for lunch.

Lahat sila tinatanong siya kung anong nangyari between Friday and this morning sa kanila ni Alden based on what some people witnessed the moment they stepped out of Alden's car sa parkade. She was asked about how legit the dinner date was on Friday by everyone except Pao who told her he knew she was going to have dinner with Alden since Alden himself told him about it, but as for the sudden change daw ng relationship status nila yun ang gustong malaman ng pinsan niya kung kelan naging 'official' na sila na ni Alden.

"I told you it was a typical Valentines Day dinner date," was Maine's casual reply to her cousin's query over lunch.

"Something else must've happened kasi according to the office grapevine eh halos langgamin na kayong dalawa sa mga meaningful looks na you're giving each other," Pao was having a hard time believing the other two sets of rumors floating around in the office. He hasn't witnessed it himself firsthand, but accounts of Maine and Alden's so-called 'secret relationship' was starting to get way out of hand that he needed to know if he should warn his aunt and uncle of an impending shotgun wedding some time in the near future concerning their daughter or not.

"Ikaw talaga, masyado kang tsimoso," Maine teased and continued eating her lunch.

That conversation happened almost four hours ago. Pao quit pestering her about shedding some light on the rumors circulating, but she knew her cousin was just waiting for the perfect timing to question her again.

"Maine."

Maine straightened up and quit dilly-dallying when she heard Ike call her name. A few seconds later he made an appearance on the doorway to his main office holding an open brown folder. He seemed lost and confused as he browsed at the folder's contents.

"Yeah?"

"Is this all the documents we have for the Tagashi design project?" Ike questioned and closed the folder to show her how thin the file was.

"That's all the Tagashi office sent in both by fax, mail and even email," Maine confirmed.

Ike didn't appear to like that answer. He was expecting more - and so was Maine when she first heard of their firm bagging the Tagashi project, but when she received all the necessary information accompanying the design idea she was disappointed to find how unimaginative the Tagashi conception team was.

"Anong gusto nilang mangyari ngayon?" Ike questioned. "We need their input and ideas. We can put together a design concept if we have nothing to refer back to," he demanded.

"Want me to call them back and tell them word for word what you just said?" Maine offered.

"Do you think that'll do anything?"

Maine was only teasing him when she offered to call the client.

"Seryoso?" She couldn't help from looking surprised that he took her seriously.

Ike pushed away from the doorway and walked up to stand in front of Maine's desk. He dropped the file folder he was perusing moments ago in front of her and sighed.

"Wala tayong magagawa sa laman nitong folder na 'to," he pointed at the folder on her desk. "Unless you're a mind reader and knows what the client have in mind for design, we got nothing to go on," he pointed out.

"Nope, mind reading is beyond my powers," Maine answered straight faced.

That response earned at least an amused chuckle from her irate boss.

"Talk to the rep handling the Tagashi account and explain our dilemma. If they want this project to go off without a hitch we need more details otherwise this gets pushed way back until we get something decent from them."

"Will do," Maine picked up the file folder and turned to her computer to check in the system who was the person handling the account. She thought Ike would leave then, but a few seconds ticked by and he remained standing in front of her desk.

Maine contemplated on whether to ignore him until he leaves or ask him if there was anything else he needed from her. Him just standing there doing and saying nothing was starting to bug her.

"Is there anything else I can do for you, Ike?" Maine asked after a few seconds ticked by and Ike still remained where he stood.

She didn't think he'd answer, and she was almost relieved until she heard him sigh followed by the words she didn't think she'd hear from him ever again: "Have dinner with me - tonight."

======================================
A/N 2: How's that for a cliffhanger? Hehehe, I initially didn't want to end this chapter this way, but during the long drive trip back from where my family and I took off to for a few days this past week, I was able to do a bit of self brainstorming and suddenly this idea for a future scene popped in to my head and got me all excited. Of course in order for said scene to work, I need to set it up first so with the help of my muse, this is me setting it up. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and lemme know if it's starting to drag on a bit. Thanks!