Nine

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: First of all I want to thank all you wonderful readers who commented and left a suggestion on who you'd want to see have a different love interest. It was clear that everybody wanted 'Maine' to have a love interest so we can see a jellybean 'Alden'. I was already thinking of throwing in a potential third-party to capture our heroine's eyes, but I wasn't quite sure until I read your suggestions. Now things will get way more interesting (I hope) with the impending entry of a third party that will shake-up our male and female protagonists' "budding" romance...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

IX.

Omnipresent POV

MAINE WOKE UP TO THE MISHMASH SCENT of bacon, eggs, ham, fried rice, freshly brewed coffee and probably fresh toast. At first she thought she was just dreaming, but after a while she came to her senses and realized that she wasn't hallucinating; someone was cooking breakfast in her kitchen!

She sat bolt-up, throwing her blanket to the side and swung her legs to the side of the bed. She was about to bolt off her bed when she heard someone sputtering hidden underneath the blanket she just threw aside. Frowning, she twisted sideways and pulled the blanket off to reveal an almost suffocating Jules underneath it.

"Ano ka ba? Ganyan ka ba mag-greet ng good morning?" Jules complained and pushed herself upright. "Nasaan ba ang sunog at parang nagmamadali ka ata?"

Maine was momentarily disoriented when she saw Jules in bed with her. Slowly events of last night came back to her and she remembered.

"Sorry. Nagulat lang ako," she apologized. "Napasarap ang tulog ko and then na-amoy ko yung niluluto sa labas and nagulat ako when I realized I wasn't dreaming," she explained.

Jules stuck her nose out and sniffed. "Mmm...ang sarap naman," she cooed.

"I think one of the guys is awake," Maine said and slowly got off her bed. She looked around for her robe and found it hanging on the knob of her closet. She quickly dons it on and tied the belt securely around her waist.

"Where are you going?" Jules frowned sinking back under the still warm blanket.

Maine stopped from opening her bedroom door and looked at her guest. "Titignan ko kung sino na yung gising and maybe help," she answered.

"Ah, okay. Wake me up when it's time to eat," she yawned then covered her head with the blanket.

Maine chuckled and rolled her eyes skyward. She stepped out of her room and made a beeline towards the kitchen, slowing down when she passed by the living room to check who was awake. Sam fell off the loveseat he claimed last night and was now sprawled on the floor with his blanket wrapped around him. Ryan moved from his place on the floor and claimed the couch that Alden claimed last night. Once she knew who was awake she continued towards the kitchen where she found Alden, still dressed in his jeans and his now dishevelled shirt from last night, labouring over the stove. On the counter she saw the plates he prepared with what he already finished cooking.

"Need help?" she asked, surprising Alden when she spoke.

"Good morning," he smiled, his famous dimple making yet another appearance. "Kanina ka pa anjan?" He was mixing the fried rice in one of her deeper woks that he found.