Seven

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Happy 3rd Monthsary ALDUB NATION! And thank you, as always, for supporting this ALDUB-inspired fic of mine. I was afraid after I posted the previous chapter that my muse would dessert me, but I quickly recovered thus resulting in this chapter. I'm trying to get the ball rolling faster here so you guys don't get bored with the pace. Let me know what you think of the pacing so far and if you have any suggestions feel free to leave it in the comments section. And also, VOTE! Your votes (and comments) let me know you are indeed supporting this fic and enjoyed the chapter.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

VII.

Omnipresent POV

THE REST OF THE WEEK FLEW BY WITHOUT much fanfare, at least as far as Alden and Maine were concerned. For those who were watching them noticed a big difference in the two's relationship. Alden stopped by Maine's desk more often now than before, and he seemed to have chosen her as his sole assistant; asking her to look after majority of his ongoing projects to follow-up on and whatnot. Lunch time was a race to see if Alden would bring Maine food or if the two would step out to eat; people on their floor as well as those in other levels began betting on whether the two would have lunch in the office or outside the office.

Sam, one of Alden's close friends in their department and a fellow ad exec, accompanied the duo on Wednesday, taking an extended lunch break when Sam and Alden had to meet up with a client outside of work to discuss a joint project that they'd be working on and they brought Maine along with them to take notes. This was a rare occurrence in the office and for sure when the other assistants found out that Maine was included in an out-of-office meeting with a client she became the instant envy of everyone.

Aside from Alden, Sam and Ryan were the other two 'office heartthrobs' that the other assistants clamor to work alongside with. Granted Alden got majority of them smitten, still, when he wasn't around the other assistants would duke it out just to work with either Sam or Ryan.

On Thursday Sam and Alden were joined by Ryan, another one of the ad execs, for lunch and they made sure Maine went with them. They were only gone during the allotted lunch break hour and returned back to the office with Ryan and Sam walking in with Maine between them and chatting animatedly with her. Alden was behind them watching the trio with an indiscernible expression on his face, especially when he noticed Ryan's arm casually wrapped around Maine's waist. Of course that didn't go amiss to their spectators, hence starting a new thread of the office grapevine and it pitted Alden versus Ryan for Maine's affection. It didn't take long either before Pao made another appearance at Alden's cubicle later that afternoon demanding to know what the hell was going on.

Pao pulled Alden into one of the smaller meeting rooms and closed the door. He also shut the blinds since one wall was all glass and overlooking the bullpen where everyone can and was watching.

"What the hell are you up to, Alden Reyes?" a very pissed-off Pao demanded once he was sure they were alone and away from prying eyes and ears.

"What are you talking about?" Alden was confused.

"Ano ba talagang intension mo sa pinsan ko?" Pao demanded, towering over Alden, but since they were almost the same in height it was hard for him to intimidate the other man, but Pao still tried by glaring a hole through the other man's head.

"Intension?" Alden echoed.

"Yeah," Pao nodded.

"What do you mean? You know Maine and I have known each other since we were kids."