Five

DISCLAIMER: — see first chapter —

CHAPTER DEDICATION: b00dles16 & SnowlyNouis for your comments. Your opinions/insights about this story is really appreciated by yours truly. I hope I didn't disappoint with this chapter update. I try to tag you both in the dedications section, but it's only allowing me to tag one person at a time :( So I'm using this space here to make sure this chapter is dedicated to you both :)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Again I am sending a HUGE 'thank you' to all you wonderful readers, supporters & voters who are all enjoying reading this fic. ALDUB YOU! Also your feedbacks help fuel my muse's creative juices, so keep them coming. Let me know what you like, didn't like, would like to happen, hope to happen, think would happen between our main characters.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

V.

Alden's POV

WE NEED TO TALK."

That was the text message I received from Maine, which took me by surprise since she and I never exchanged text messages ever although we both know each other's cell phone numbers in case of emergency. I received her message two hours after we had lunch and things in the office got a bit crazy with project deadlines needing to be met and whatnot.

"Punta ka sa bahay ko. Since you brought me lunch, I'll feed you dinner," dagdag pa niya dun sa text message niya. She didn't even wait to hear my reply; she just assumed na maguusap nga kami mamaya.

Intrigued by what Maine wanted to talk to me about, I kept watching the time since I received her message. I replied back with a simple, "OK," and left it at that. I didn't hear back from her so I assumed my answer pleased her.

By ten minutes before quitting time I started clearing up my desk. I wanted to catch Maine before she left the building and drive her home instead of letting her catch the bus or jeepney home. I might as well save her the trouble of commuting home.

"Ready ka na?" I asked when I stopped by her desk on my way to the elevator.

Maine's desk was swamped with more work than what she started with today. She looked up from the proof note she was writing and frowned at me.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Wow, is that your question of the day for me?" I teased.

Maine's frowned deepened at my attempt at humour. But seriously, that was her exact same question to me since she saw me loitering at her desk this morning.

"Hindi ba obvious bakit ako nandito?"

"It's already after five, and everybody's leaving for the day." She gave me a cursory glance then added, "You have your bag with you so that means hindi ka mago-overtime," she pointed out.

"Very good," I gave her a thumbs-up and an encouraging smile. "So, ready ka na kasi ready na akong umuwi."

"Okay, so umuwi ka na," she shooed me away and returned back to what she was doing before I came by her desk.

I reached down and grabbed the pen from her, which earned me yet another slicing glare when she looked up at me.

"In case hindi mo na-gets, I'm offering to give you a ride home para nde ka na mag-bus or mag-jeep."