Thirteen

DISCLAIMER: - see first chapter -

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Howdy! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. My Muse was uberly inspired and excited to write the continuation of where we left-off last chapter. Sorry if it's kinda short; it's more of a filler scene I think, but it needed to be written as a chapter on its own according to my Muse so here it is. Happy reading & keep those comments/likes/votes coming to feed my ever so elusive Muse hehehe

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

XIII.

Maine's POV

ALL THROUGHOUT LUNCH I can't help but sense Alden's sharp glares aimed at my direction, especially whenever I leaned closer to hear what Danny was saying. When I caught him staring and raised a brow to silently ask him what was wrong, he just gave me a sharp shake of his head then turned his attention back to Jules. He seems to be paying way more attention to Jules today.

Anong problema niya?

I can't help but get this feeling na super cold niya sa akin ever since Danny and I walked in together to meet up with them at the restaurant. Ryan offered to drive everyone to the restaurant since he drove an SUV, but Danny and I had to pass on that and just follow them in Danny's car once we were done dealing with a last-minute near-catastrophe project handled by one of the other reps.

"So Danny, what made you decide to apply as an assistant at an advertising firm?" Sam started the Q&A portion part of our lunch hour break. The guys did warn me na gusto nilang kilatisin ang newbie male assistant and this was their chance.

"My parents wanted me out of the house and join the 'real world' instead of spending my days in front of my gaming console and talking to people online while playing," Danny answered truthfully. He too had a dimple, but it was on his right cheek instead of left like Alden's. And it wasn't as deep as Alden's either from what I noticed since I started working alongside him. Chinito si Danny, but unlike most Chinitos na maputi, siya eh mejo tanned ang skin tone niya; pero in fairness bagay na bagay sa kanya ang kulay niya. Gung gaano ka-tisoy ni Alden, ganun naman ka-tanned ni Danny.

"Nothing wrong with that," Ryan agreed with Danny's parents' decisions. "Eh, tapos ka ba naman ng kolehiyo?" And so they continued their Q&A.

I just sat back and observed, but mostly my eyes kept on straying towards Alden and Jules' animated conversation happening on the other end of the table. They looked like they were in a world of their own sa pinaguusapan nila. I can't help but wonder what they could possibly be talking about that was so damn intriguing.

# # # # #

Alden's POV

MAINE KEPT ON GLANCING MY WAY throughout lunch today. At one point nagkatinginan pa nga kami sabay taas siya ng kilay as if to ask me 'what's up', which I answered by simply shaking my head and looking away to keep Jules entertained. Sam and Ryan interviewed the newbie and from what I heard from their conversation, Danny sounded like he came from a well-to-do family background.

"Ikaw talaga, Alden, you're playing with fire," Jules said in the middle of our intriguing conversation.

"Playing with fire?" I frowned and popped a fry in my mouth.

"Buti na lang hindi ako isa sa milyun-milyong babaeng naloloka sayo kundi I would've jumped to the wrong conclusions by now," she added as she too popped a fry in her mouth.