^6^

we got to school and we all ran inside. it was pouring out.

"MY HAIR!" I screamed in frustration as we walked through the front doors. all the new 9th graders, Me Hunter and Brandon, have to go to the gym. my friend Ella was up there, and I told her to save 3 spots. she was confused but I was waiter to see her reaction when she saw Hunter and Brandon.

we walked up the bleachers and Ella was on her phone until I kicked her and she looked up. she smiled at me then looked at Hunter and Brandon. she looked at them then at me then back to them.

"Ella this is Hunter, Hunter this is Ella" I said laughing a little.

"why hello handsome" Ella said.

"hi gorgeous" he smiled at her shaking her hand. I tensed up. I don't know why but then flirting bothered me, a lot.

"Ella this is Brandon, Brandon this is Ella" I said with no emotion. they shook hands and Ella smiled at him widely. I sat down next to Ella and Hunter sat down next to me and then Brandon next to Hunter.

"what's wrong?" Ella asked confused.

"nothing I'm just tired" I faintly smiled at her. she hugged me tightly. I'm happy she's my best friend. I can't stay mad at her, but I can stay mad at Hunter.

I turned and looked at Hunter. he smiled. I turned my head to the teacher who began talking. he tapped my shoulder and I ignored him.

*30 minutes later*

the teacher was finally done and we got to get our locks. Me, Hunter, Brandon, and Ella are in the same homeroom. we all have the same classes besides me and Brandon have 2 different classes than Hunter and Ella.

great

"hey what was that about?" Hunter asked as I grabbed my lock.

"what?"

"you completely ignored me. what did I do?" he said getting his lock as well.

"the teacher started talking." I quickly replied.

"rora" he insisted

"im being serious, that was all. I just didn't want to get in trouble" I lied. he hugged me.

"what are you doing" I whispered.

"you can trust me" he replied quietly

"Hunter..." I said a little louder.

"uh-huh?"

I pulled away from the hug because I heard the foot steps coming.

"so this is the kid I didn't have to worry about, huh?" Hudson said with anger.

"wha-ye-well- yes, this is Hunter. Hunter this is Hudson" I stuttered scratching the back of my neck. I coughed loudly to get Ella's attention. she knew all about the situation.

"im 'the kid he doesn't have to worry about'?" Hunter was hurt, I could tell.

"no. well I... no. you just. ugh I don't know" I sighed.

"Hudson please, we can talk later."

"no I want to deal with this kid" he said getting closer to Hunter.

"don't do this" Hunter said quietly. Ella began walking over.

"you think I'm scared of you?" Hudson challenged.

"Hunter its not worth it" I said trying to calm him down

"you should be" Hunter accepted the challenge. Ella was getting closer but wasn't fast enough.

Hudson pinned Hunter to the ground. I went to go get Hudson off of Hunter but Brandon held me back. Hudson threw punch after punch until Hunter flipped him over and was on top of him. he held Hudson down and looked at him. the teachers started coming over.

"I could punch you until you pass out right now" Hunter said calmly.

"why don't you" Hudson said breathing heavily.

"because you're not even worth my breathe. remember, I'm the guy you don't have to worry about" Hunter said. I put my head in my hands wondering why in the hell I told Hudson that.

the teachers were just looking at them.

"just punch me" Hudson said getting angry.

"no, my hands are going to be used the write today, even though I might not be able to read with the black eye you gave me" Hunter laughed standing up.

Hudson sat up and looked at Hunter in a confused way. by now everyone was around them in a circle.

i walked over to Hunter and looked at him up and down.

"come on I'll take you to the nurse." I smiled.

"what about Hudson." Hunter said pointing towards him. I looked Hudson in the eyes. he had pleading eyes.

"oh, you don't have to worry about him" I smirked a little and pushed hunter through the circle. everyone "oohed" as we left. basically the whole school knew about me and conversation because Hudson sent it to his friends and posted it on his Instagram and blurred out Hunter name, but I think everyone knows it was Hunter we were talking about now.

I hope Hudson doesn't try to beat me up now ;)

--------------