My hands laced across Colton's eyes as I whispered a Congratulations in his ear. It was the first time I had seen him in almost two years. Not much had changed with him, despite the fact in two months he would be having his first child, and the absolute rock of an engagement ring on Ella's left hand. My mood lifted instantly as I watched my best friend, finally reunited for good with her better half.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind, lifting me into the air slightly and flying me around before setting me back on my unsteady feet.

His hands cupped my face, and I couldn't help but feel like it was the first time all over again.
"You came?" His voice was no louder than a whisper, and it was more a question than a statement as his eyes searched my face, almost in disbelief as if I were to disappear at any given moment.
"Of course, you invited me."
"But we've barely spoken. I am so sorry, it just—"
I placed a hand over his mouth, cutting him off. "I know, I know what college is like." The strong arms wrapped themselves around my body again, and the familiar feeling of home washed over me. He let out a sigh on top of my head as he rested his chin.
"I'm so glad you're here. I love you." My heart jumped as soon as he said the words, my eyes shut. It had been so long. We'd stopped speaking shortly after he'd gone to university, the distance proved difficult, more so than we'd originally thought and the whole thing fell apart. I had been heartbroken for months. I'd met Aaron in my first year of university, and he soon became my best friend. We knew everything about each other, and he knew my love for Brodie had never gone away and despite how much he wasn't sure about it, he knew I had to be here today. I gently removed myself from his embrace as I stuck out a hand with the promise ring he'd given me three years before.
"You're my forever and always, Brodie Maguire." I tiptoed slightly, my heels still not giving me the height I needed to place my lips back on my one true love's. "I'm so proud, congratulations." My voice was in a whisper, our lips only centimetres apart as I removed his cap and placed it on my own head before his lips reattached to mine, whisking me away back into my perfect life.

FIVE YEARS LATER

          "How are you feeling?" Aaron asked, holding my hand tighter than anyone ever had. I nodded in response as I focused on my breathing, which was becoming unsteady.

"Just nervous." I whispered in response as Ella and Flo burst through the doors.

"Aaron, you shouldn't be in here! Get out!" They laughed, grabbing his wrists and pulling him out the door. They didn't know how much he was calming me down. Ella fixed my head piece into place, pulling it over my face as she took my hand. "It's time."

She led me towards the large, wooden double doors, where Aaron stood waiting. My breathing was fast again as I thought about all the people just meters away. All eyes would be on me. My hands automatically went to the skirt of my dress, wanting to play with it. But Aaron's hand took mine, linking my arm through his as the doors opened, Ella and Flo leading the way down the aisle, waiting for me to follow.

"Ready?" He asked. I could only nod in response. As soon as Brodie and I got engaged, I knew it was Aaron I wanted walking me down the aisle. He had become family, and since my own father couldn't find the time to even respond to the invitation, I knew I had made the right choice. A small smile set on my face as he kissed my forehead, telling me how beautiful I looked. I was lucky to have a friend like him.

Everyone had stood, their eyes focusing on me in my bridal gown. We walked slowly, my eyes locking on the only thing that mattered. The man, at the end of the aisle, who had tears falling down his cheeks as soon as his eyes locked with mine. As I reached him, and Aaron passed me over to my soon-to-be husband, I kissed his tears softly, my nerves settling. I was ready.

"I promise to love you, until the sky falls and the world ends. No matter where we find ourselves in this world, I know you'll be there waiting for me. Rhea, through sickness and in health I'll be there, I will never leave you because a world without you is far too painful to even think about. I take you as my bride, to be my wife, until my very last breath - and hopefully after that too." His hands squeezed mine softly as I looked into his eyes, they were glistening under the lights inside the church.

"Brodie, from the moment I met you I knew I couldn't let you go. You were the first person to ever have this much of an effect on me, I know sometimes wasn't easy but I know any obstacle we face we can get through and I promise to stand by your side through every future problem. Through the good and the bad, I promise to be there. You're my forever, and I truly mean it. I love you." My vows flowed effortlessly, and I meant every word as every person in the room disappeared, leaving only me and Brodie speaking to each other, sharing our love.

"Do you, Brodie Maguire, take Rhea Jameson, as your beloved wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Rhea Jameson, take Brodie Maguire, as your beloved husband?" I stared into his eyes, his smile matching my own.

"I do."

As he pronounced us husband and wife, Brodie pulled me into him, his lips pressing to mine softly. The vicar cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I couldn't wait." A few laughs echoed off the walls of the church from our guests.

"You may kiss your bride." Brodie's hands wrapped around me, his lips finding mine instantly, his hands closing around me pulling me into my happily ever after.