Marichat

*Marinettes POV*

I stood there on my balcony, looking out at the star filled sky. Letting all the memories of my times with Chat Noir flow back. The smile on my face faltering, holding on tighter to the railing that enclosed me in. I stood there, replaying the events in my mind, wondering if there was anything I could change... If I could have saved him.

It's taken me this long to realise... That it would have been easy to help, even if I wasn't Ladybug. I could have helped him as me, instead I stayed clasping onto the structure of the Eiffel Tower. Watching the Akumatized person slowly win the fight. Leaving Chat it only loose ground, once on the edge... A simple push would have been the end of him. But things went a very different way, very quickly.

I never meant to hurt him, I never meant to give in. In all honesty I think it was weak of me, but that is who I am behind the mask. A weak, normal girl.

It is apparent to Chat now who I am out of the mask, that much is obvious. He watched me transform, watched me become ladybug. I couldn't just leave him there, I have always got his back after all he is my partner.

Once the akuma was gone and the civilian sorted out I was out of there, I couldn't face him whilst he knew who I was. I still don't know who he is but that doesn't matter, I don't plan on finding out any time soon.

So here I am looking out at the starts, and for the first time in my life, actually wondering who Chat Noir was under the mask. Lost in my thoughts I didn't hear the soft thud from behind me, the pair of hands covering. My eyes so I was lost in darkness, for a split second I panicked but soon it was replaced with an amused smile.

"Hello Chat."
"M'lady, how did you guess?" Taking his hands away and turning me around, showing off his smirk "was it too obvious? You know, the fact it is midnight?"
"Midnight... Is that really the time... Well it was obvious as you're the only one who would dare to come up here chat."
"That is very true, but what are you doing awake at a time like this?"

I stood there for a moment, keeping eye contact, not wanting to tear away my gaze in fear of looking weak.

"Thinking... Unfortunately about the thing I don't know if I want to know. Thinking about what happens now that you know who I am beneath the mask..."

"Well we carry on as usual. You don't know my identity so you can act normally, nothing has to change. I just know the real you."

"But I don't know you... And I'm not sure if I do or don't want to."

"You might... but the question is if you're ready or not m'lady. But trust me, knowing who is behind the mask wont change a thing. Hopefully." He looked and sounded unsure as he spoke. Even if I was ladybug, I couldn't help but fear what he meant by this. 

We stood for a moment, staring at eachother. Letting the silence do the talking, it was all he needed. However he was unsure.

"Mari... Are you sure you want to know? It might dissapoint you. I might dissapoint you..." Thats when I noticed it, his black leathery looking ears where drooped, his face stuck in a stiff smile, his posture rugged. He was nervouse.

I didn't like seeing him like this, it wasn't like him. So I did the thing I thought would comfort him most, pulling him into a hug. I muttered under my breath, forcing out the bravest tone I could muster.

"I want to know. Only if you want me to." Before I could say anything more he stepped away.

"Cataclysm..." His hand was radiating black dots, almost as if it was poisonus, we now had to wait five minutes. And it was the longest five minutes of my life.

***

"I have one pad left..." He whispered as the second to last pad, flashed then faded. The look of angicipation covering both of out faces. Nothing was spoken, not a word. We simply waited. And once our waiting was done, everything went blank other than the sight before me.

He sat there naturally. Plagg floating by his side, I heard the muffled sound of Tikkis excited cry, the two embracing in their floating state. I stared at him. Not believing the sight for one second.

Chat Noir... and Adrien... are the same person. It all made no sense. But it disn't need to. The smile ln my face was huge, slowly earning one in return from him.

"I couldn't have hoped for a better partner..." I mutter in a raspy tone, the silence had caused the nerves to get to me. But now we both stood there, at half past midnight. A full moon, in eachothes arms. Hugging.

The hope of things not changing, except for becoming closer was unbareable.

*AU*

IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT... ;-;

REQUESTS ?!?#