12

Anne came in through the front door and she was angry. She walked up to Harry and she looked straight into his eyes.

"How can you even think about the idea to say no to Gemma?" she growled. "Isn't it better that we keep this affair in the family and take care of it as we should do together?"

Harry just stared at her.

"But...?"

Anne shook her head quickly.

"I think you should be happy that she even think the thought about this and she's there for you in such a big issue."

Niall chose to go back to the kitchen, but immediately buckled Anne her eyes on him.

"And you don't leave us." she hissed cold. "This is about both of you, for your future as fathers."

Harry swallowed and tried to look kindly at her.

"Mom, I haven't said no."

She looked at him again.

"But you hesitated." she whispered rapidly. "Just because you're in doubt today, it doesn't mean you will be a less good father to the child. This is the step you must take, and it will save off marriage. Niall is ready and I want to be a grandmother."

Niall got up a smile.

"Harry's ready?"

She didn't release her eyes from Harry.

"Really?"

Harry just hesitated. He became red in the face and he avoided her.

"Mom, this has nothing to do with you."

"Yes it has!" she got up quickly. "I don't want to look at this when you ruining your marriage or ruining your future Harry. I want you to bite the bullet and realize that you're a big selfish jerk."

Even Harry was surprised. Niall took a few steps toward them, and he kept up the hands soothing at her.

"Anne, I respect what you telling us and I really understand, but Harry's ready."

She shook her head quickly.

"No, the only thing he dreams about is to whip you in the room and nothing else. He doesn't think about the future or that he will one day grow old and regret this choice."

Niall tried to smile.

"Anne, he..."

She looked at Niall instead.

"Harry don't want to be a dad, not yet."

Niall became quiet and he looked uncertainly at Harry.

"But?"

Harry didn't know what to say. He was pushed into a corner. Anne looked at him again, and she knew what she would say.

"If you had wanted to be a dad, you had said yes without hesitation."

There was silence in the hall, total silence. Niall stared at Harry, Harry stared at Anne and she stared at her son. It was as if the air disappeared. Harry cleared his throat a little and he frowned.

"I want to be a dad!" he whispered hoarsely. "I know I'm scared, but I do it for my husband, he want to have children."

Anne looked directly at Niall.

"You hear? He does everything for you and he doesn't care about..."

Harry became angry and he interrupted her.