Chapter 10: A Day in the Life of the (L/N)'s

It was an ordinary Sunday for me, and, at the moment, I was sitting in a stool within my studio room. This room was also my bedroom... but that worked well for me anyway. I managed to get a single room all to myself when we first moved here, so it was pretty nice.
                 My family and I are actually from America, but we moved here when I was quite little. I wasn't even in school yet, and my eldest brother had just started 1st grade, while the other was in preschool.
             I still owed Hikaru and Kaoru a visit at my place, but I kind of don't want them to come. They'll probably go on about how small it is, though it's larger than the average house. They'll also be weirded out on how everyone is oriented, and the ways the rooms are set up.
                 Like I said, my family is originally from America, so our house is more of a half American-half Japanese type of thing. We have tatami mats as well as the typical Japanese-style doors, and all that type of stuff, but we were still getting used to this life-style.
                 I mean, I was full on used to it, but my mother and father were having the most trouble with it when we first came over. So, again, we still kind of act a little American. It's one of the reasons I don't refer to anyone with things like 'Senpai' or 'Chan'. I wasn't raised that way.
                  Buuuut, as I said, I was in the corner of my room, which I had set up as an art studio. I had lined the floor, only in that corner, with plastic tarps to prevent paint and other materials from getting on my floor. It was near the sliding door, but it was by the part that stayed closed.
                  To the right was where my mat was laid, along with my dresser. The closet was, again, in a different corner, and I actually had a sewing station, book/video game shelf, and  desk in our basement. My family got the largest place they could, though it wasn't actually that hard to find, surprisingly.
                   I suppose it wouldn't be horrible if the host club came over, I would only hope they wouldn't be extremely rude. Anyway... I was in the midst of painting a bird, and there was paint all over my white dress and everything I wore. I didn't mind this, in fact it's kind of on purpose.
                I like to call it my painting outfit, since there's always paint on it. It never bothers me if it's covered, because that's what it's meant for. Besides, I think the outfit looks pretty cool from all my results. I liked it, for whatever reason. I also enjoyed wearing the artist charm bracelet along with it...

 I also enjoyed wearing the artist charm bracelet along with it

Because it was Sunday, it was my day to cook. I had this agreement with my mother, a schedule. On Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays, and Saturdays, my mother cooks where as I cook on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
Now, that doesn't make the most sense, but it does to us. So, oh well. We mostly just cook dinner, but, on weekends, sometimes we'll make lunch or breakfasts. It usually depends on our moods and what not.
Sometimes we'll force my siblings or father to cook if both of us just don't feel like doing it... but I typically enjoy it. I like cooking a lot, as you can probably tell.
                Anywho... I was in the midst of painting a bird, sitting on a branch, with flowers around it. I was doing this since I needed a little more practice at natural materials, such as plants and animals. I'm really only decent at people, in a(n) (Your style) kind of way, so I really do need to go back and work on natural items and realism.
Anyway, it was near lunchtime, and I kind of felt like cooking something. I wanted to make a stewpot, but I would to go to the super market to get all the ingredients... I slowly stood up from my spot, and slid open my door. It's not a hard thing to do, going to the super market, so I suppose I could.
I walk downstairs, looking around. Upon seeing my mother sit at her own desk, I walk over to tell her where I'm going. There's been times before when I hadn't told her... and everything just kind of went downhill. She would get frustrated and worried, though mostly worried, and... yeah.
"Mom, I'm going to head out to the super market; I'm making a stewpot for lunch. All right?" I say. My mother turns around in her chair to face me.
"Of course! Though, isn't it a little hot for a stewpot?" She replies with a questioning look on her face. I glance out a window, then back at her with a shrug.
"Well, I suppose, but... it's pretty easy, you know? Especially since I'll be making it for a lot of people." I reply. My mom nods in understanding, then waves me off. I walk into our kitchen, checking to see what we have and don't have.
I then grab my phone and shoulder bag, which I put my phone into, and head out the door. Something told me this was going to be an interesting day...
I left my house, looking around as I walked. There's so many places that could be interesting to paint... it would be good to use a reference like those. As I walked, though, I heard a sigh. I glance behind me, seeing Haruhi with hunched shoulders.
"Hey, Haruhi!" I call out, turning around to walk towards her. Upon hearing my voice, she looks upwards.
"Oh, hey (Y/N), how's it going?" Haruhi replies. I shrug a little.
"Pretty well, how about you?" I reply as I turn and walk with her.
"Well... the host club kind of just barged into my house unannounced today, and now I'm going to get stuff to make lunch. It's been tedious. Also, Kyoya-Senpai has apparently been calling my dad and giving him updates... and no one told me." Haruhi replies, shaking her head. The... host club? Oh...
"Perhaps they could just come over to my house for lunch, if that's all right. There's more room there, plus I was already making a big meal today anyway. Besides, I still owe Hikaru and Kaoru a visit to my place after what happened in chapter 5. Also, that's a little... strange..." I suggest. Haruhi nods.
"Would you? Thanks." Haruhi replies, still nodding.
"Yeah! Of course. You've dealt with them long enough, it's my turn." I say, nodding myself. "All right, we can keep going, but I'm going to have to text my mom. We'll be having... 8 visitors, if your father would like to join us." I say. Haruhi looks at me.
"How'd you know my dad was home?" She questions, a little confused. I roll my eyes a bit.
"I've been to your house before, and I pay attention what time your dad does get home, if I'm there." I reply. Haruhi nods.
"Ah, that makes sense. I'll still help you get the stuff, there's a lot to buy." Haruhi adds. I nod a little.
"That sounds fair." I say as Haruhi and I continue to walk.