Chapter 3: The Physical Exams

I look down to what the hosts were forcing me to wear this day. I mean it's not that bad... I don't think what they force me to wear is ever that bad, actually.

        I was wearing a (f/c) and (s/f/c) kimono

        I was wearing a (f/c) and (s/f/c) kimono. (Your favorite color replaces the pink and your second favorite color replaces the black).
     I also wore thigh-high black socks with lace at the top, white heeled sandals, my hair was down with a black flower crown placed on top, I painted my nails black with constellations, I also wore yin and yang (?) earrings, had an Ouran bag, and a wood phone case with a white flower design.
         My makeup was natural, so it was barely noticeable. (You don't have to wear makeup). I looked in the mirror. How am I even good at being a hostess??? I don't think I'll ever know...
         I walk out with the rest of the hosts. Haruhi, Honey, and Mori were all wearing kimonos where as Tamaki, Kyoya, Hikaru, and Kaoru were all wearing waiters outfits.
             I look around. There were cherry blossom trees everywhere, causing a couple petals to float into my hair. I giggle at the sight.
            The doors finally open. The hosts and I say our usual 'welcome' and go to our clients. I talk with the clients as usual, but something unexpected comes up in our conversation.
          "Um...(Y/N)...I want to ask you something." A client with darkish brown hair and bright green eyes says. I cock my head to the side.
           "What is it?" I question quietly and politely. He rubs the back of his neck.
            "Um...you see...I like this girl...and I want to know how to ask her...I-it isn't you!" He says hesitantly. I tap my finger to my chin.
           "I-I think y-you s-should j-just g-go f-for it. Y-you'll n-never k-know if y-you d-don't try." I reply quietly. His eyes lit up happily.
            "Y-you think so?!" He asks. I nod.
           "Yeah. Y-You're a g-good l-looking g-guy. I-I'm not s-saying I see you l-like that, b-but I'm s-sure any g-girl w-would be l-lucky to h-have a guy l-like you." I reply. He smiles widely.
           "Thank you so much, (Y/N)!" The guy says happily. I smile slightly.
         "I-it's no problem..." I mumble quietly. We all continue to have a normal conversation. I take a glance over at the twin's station. There was Hikaru, holding a bit a Kaoru's finger in his mouth.
            Their expressions kind of made them look like they were about to say 'what am I doing with my life?' I let out a small giggle at this, keeping a hand placed over my mouth.
     I then see Kyoya showing these...picture books...to costumers. Before I realize it, he's walking this way.
          "Hello (Y/N), is everything going well?" He asks in his usual manner. I nod quickly. Kyoya the holds up one of the picture books. "Are you guys interested in something such as this?" He asks simply.
           The guys eyes widen as they look at the book's cover. I give them a confused look. I look at the cover, yelping in surprise. On the front was a picture of me, which kind of showed off my breasts too much because the top buttons of my blouse were unbuttoned.
           Before I could do anything, the guys had already snatched it and started to look through it.
          "Those are up for sale, if you'd like one." Kyoya adds. I turn to Kyoya, giving him a death glare. Trust me, you never want a death glare from me. It's worse than Kyoya's. I look over to my clients' worriedly.
"Does that have any revealing pictures in it?" I quickly ask, grabbing it. I look through it; realizing that is was all just nice memories I had with clients. I smile down at them. "Oh...the cover is very misleading..."
My clients and I continue to talk about anything and everything. Well, I mean, not everything...but you know what I mean.
           I sighed in relief when my clients finally left. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with them. It's just...to much social time. It really wares me down. I turn to see Haruhi talking to Tamaki. The more I look at them the more I start to ship them. Hehe, habits.
           Hikaru and Kaoru then come over, Hikaru wrapping his arm around Haruhi while Kaoru grabs her wrist. I feel a slight growl coming on from deep in my throat.
     They continue to talk to Haruhi about classes while taunting Tamaki. Unfortunately, I think they're starting to taunt me on accident as well. Tamaki suddenly goes and kneels by a tree.
        "Say, mommy dear?" Tamaki suddenly asks. Kyoya clicks his pen.
        "What is it now...daddy?" Kyoya asks simply. I shake weird and disturbing thoughts out of my head. They continued to talk, only making Tamaki go more nuts. I laughed lightly.
          I mean, it's just one girl, what's the big deal? I sigh at their 'all out war' and roll my eyes. Tamaki then grabs Haruhi's shoulders.
         "Listen Haruhi. I want you to stop hanging out with those shady twins from now on." Tamaki requests.
          "Who are you calling shady?" Hikaru asks in a yell.
           "Yeah, take a good look at yourself, boss!" Kaoru adds. Tamaki then continues to whine and cry about wanting Haruhi to dress like a girl once more. I also heard him say that he wants her to surrond herself with girlfriends.
           "Boss, am I not a girl nor Haruhi's friend or something?" I ask, irritation lacing me voice. Tamaki looks over at me and blinks.
           "Oh yeah...I kind of forgot you existed." Tamaki says honestly. I sigh and roll my eyes.
            "Of course you did..." I mumble, looking at the ground sadly while slumping my arms. "Everyone seems to eventually..." I add in a whisper.
            "What did you say?" Haruhi asks. I wave my hands in front of me.
            "Nothing!" I say a little to quickly. The hosts give me suspicious looks, but then Tamaki continues to rant.
           "You don't have to rush things, she's going to be found out soon enough." Hikaru says, bobbing his head back and forth in sync with Kaoru.
           "Physical exams are the day after tomorrow." Kaoru explains. I turn to them.
           "Physical...exams?" Haruhi asks hesitantly. Please don't make it so doctors have to check me and everything. I hate those so much...we did them in middle school... All the hosts turn to Haruhi.
            "That's right, I forgot all about it." Kyoya says. We all continued to stare at Haruhi. You know, for a 'x reader' fanfiction, this author sure seems to like to center quite some things around Haruhi.
           "Then that means...there's no doubt. They're gonna know...I'm really a girl." Haruhi points out. Well, no duh Haruhi! The hosts start freaking out. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. If Haruhi can't continue to work, then I'll just do the rest for her. Simple as that.
            We return to the club room, where Tamaki sits down and starts to think. After awhile, you can tell he started to daydream, and boy it must've been a good one.
           "He must be having a great daydream!" Honey points out happily.
           "It's kind of creeping me out." Hikaru adds. I gaze over at him.
          "Yeah, me too." I say. Hikaru smirks at me.
          "Don't you daydream constantly?" He asks me. My face turns bright red/ghost white as I turn my gaze elsewhere.
           "Um...maybe. It's not my fault I'm trying to constantly come up with new designs." I reply, looking back up to him slightly. "Besides, you've never said that I'm creepy when I daydream."
           "That's because your adorable when you do." Hikaru replies bluntly with a slight shrug. My face grows warmer. Tamaki suddenly snaps out of his daydream and stands up, causing me too look over to him.
             "Envious Hikaru? This is all part of my strategy. While you've wasted time blinded by your jealousy, I've foreseen the outcome of this charade. Ahhh, this anime is obviously a romantic school comedy. Haruhi and I are the main characters, so that means we are love interests." Tamaki explains. I laugh lightly.
            "Um, Tamaki, I don't know if you have noticed, but this is no longer an anime. It's a fanfiction, and it doesn't revolve around you and Haruhi." I cut in.
            "Oh...then who does it revolve around?" Tamaki questions. My face turns completely red/white.
            "Um, that's not important. You know what, forget what I said." I say quickly. What happened to the dam 4th wall?
            "Ok, so if this is an anime, er fanfiction, what are we?" Hikaru and Kaoru question. Tamaki turns around, pointing a finger at the guys.
            "You boys...are the homosexual supporting-cast." Tamaki replies. "And you, (Y/N), are Haruhi's one random friend that ships us together, because you are a fangirl." Tamaki the draws a line with a stick. "So please make sure you don't step across this line."
       I go on and step right across the line, because this was stupid. Tamaki glares at me. I look up to him, giving Tamaki a death glare. He whimpers slightly.
             "You've got to be kidding." Hikaru and Kaoru say in unison.
      "Hey, listen boss-" Hikaru starts.
      "I don't think you get it." Kaoru continues.
        "If word gets out the Haru-Chan is really a girl, then she won't be able to be in the host club anymore." Honey explains. I glance over at them.
          "Wait...why not? Couldn't she just be a hostess with me? I mean, she probably wouldn't get very many customers at first..." I question. No one listened.
           "But, if Haru-Chan started wearing girl's clothes, she'd be even cuter than she is now." Honey continued.
            "She dressed like a regular girl when she was in middle school, right? She must've been pretty popular with all the boys." Hikaru adds.
           "Yeah, according to my investigative reports, someone would declare their undying love for her at least once a month." Kyoya explains.
            "Oh, I see, so the boss wouldn't even be able to get close to her." Kaoru taunts.
            "But we'd be able to because we're in class with her all day long." Hikaru says mockingly. Tears sprout to Tamaki's eyes.
             "No way." Tamaki says in disbelief. The door finally opens, revealing Haruhi. Oh thank the gods, I was working that I'd be stuck with these idiots all by myself. You know what, it's only Tamaki and the twin's taunting that's getting on my nerves.
        "Hey guys, sorry I'm so late." Haruhi starts to apologize before Tamaki grabs her shoulders.
          "Don't you worry, Haruhi. We're determined to keep your secret. No one will find out that you're really a girl during tomorrow's physical exams! So please, promise you'll stay our beloved secret princess!" Tamaki exclaims. Haruhi blinks twice.
             "Sure." She replies bluntly. I roll my eyes at the antics. How can one girl have so much of an effect on all of them?
            "You know what, I think both of us would be a little peeved if we had to watch all the guys flirt with her." Hikaru reconsiders. He likes Haruhi... How had I not realized that?!
            "But...Hikaru...you know that it wouldn't matter to you very much deep down." Kaoru replies. Hikaru glances at him.
           "Kaoru...let's not allow her to know. She doesn't see me that way." Hikaru says. Why are they talking about this in front of everyone?!
            "Yes she does, you're just to blind to notice. Hikaru, do you notice the way she stares at you when we're doing our act?" Kaoru asks in exasperation. Ok, I'm confused now. Everyone but Kyoya and Mori seemed to be confused.
             "Um...who are you guys t-talking about?" I ask quietly. Hikaru turns to me, a light blush settling over his face.
             "N-no one. Anyway, where should we start?" Hikaru replies, changing the subject. He doesn't like Haruhi? Who then? I bet it's one of his customers! Kaoru did mention the way this girl would stare at Hikaru during their act! Yup, it has to be!
           Now, for the host's useless plan...Tamaki swiftly draws something on the chalkboard. I roll my eyes and go to talk to Haruhi. She smiles at me as I stand next to her, causing me to smile back.
          We start having a simple conversation while Tamaki continues to draw on the board. Every now and again, I glance over at Hikaru. It's a force of habit. Haruhi notices.
          "So...you like Hikaru? How long has that been going on?" She questions casually. I blush/pale lightly.
           "Um...yeah, I do, but he doesn't see me the same way... He's never noticed...I've liked him since they first let me into their own little world..." I explain. Haruhi cocks her head.
           "How do you know he doesn't like you? I mean, they were just talking about a girl who sometimes watched Hikaru in the midst of his act." Haruhi questions further. I turn my head to her.
           "Are you suggesting I watch him a lot?" I ask her. Haruhi puts up her hands defensively.
           "You were glancing at him throughout this whole conversation, so I only assumed you do when he's in the midst of his act. There's also a chance you give death stares to his clients, and I know what those look like." Haruhi explains. I sigh.
             "Ok, you caught me. I always take glances at him when he's entertaining girls. I'm sorry...I just get jealous easily...meaning I also get jealous when he caresses you or something...It's very juvenile, I know, but-" I was about to continue.
             "(Y/N), I understand. I may have never had a crush nor do I get jealous, but I can see where you're coming from. It's obvious you care for him very much, and simply want him to be happy." Haruhi cuts me off. I bow my head.
             "Thank you, Haruhi, for understanding." I mumble in gratitude. She gives me a soft and reassuring smile. Haruhi may be blunt sometimes, but she understands me well. Who am I kidding, I'm blunt sometimes too.
            Anyway, Tamaki has finally finished drawing everything on the dry erase board. I look over, wanting to see their crazy antics. I'll admit, they are quite amusing.
            "Listen up, squad members. At tomorrow's physical exams, position yourselves in formation A, and then wait for your orders." Tamaki explains.
          "Yes sir!" The twins salute. Haruhi and I simply stare at them. This was going to be hilarious.
           "I've got it. You guys are worried because if they find out I'm a girl, I can't be a host, and therefore can't repay my debt. Well, I guess I could just be a hostess like (Y/N)..." Haruhi says.
           "Our balance is 5,333,332 yen. Haruhi, that's a lot for me to cover on my own." I say.
           "Well, I guess I'll have to come up with another way to pay you back. (Y/N)'s help will cover a lot." Haruhi says, laughing.
            "Haruhi, you can't just ditch me here with all these people!" I exclaim.
          "Do something! The subject doesn't appear to have any motivation!" The twins exclaim. Haruhi pats my shoulder.
             "Don't worry, I bet we could work something out. I would never leave you behind." Haruhi says, sending me a wink. I sigh in relief.
            "Err...why did we get stuck with such a difficult person? Are you saying that you hate being a host? That you hate this club?!" Tamaki questions loudly.
            "To be honest, I'd have to say yes." Haruhi replies simply. Tamaki turns white then goes to his emo corner. "I mean, you guys aren't bad, but if it gets out I'm a girl there's nothing I can do, you know?" Haruhi replies, laughing some more.
           "She doesn't seem to care one way or the other." Hikaru points out. I roll my eyes.
          "Well, before we can do anything else, we have to find a way to motivate her." Kaoru says.
"Fancy tuna." Mori says simply, causing everyone's eyes to widen. I turn to him. How would that work?!
"Oh, that's right...You didn't get the chance to eat any during last chapters party, did you?" Tamaki says with a creepy look on his face. I take a step back.
"Did you hear that? She's never eaten fancy tuna before, isn't that awful?" Hikaru taunts.
"Wow, talk about a difficult childhood." Kaoru adds. I start giggling lightly at the situation.
"If only Haru-Chan could stay in the host club she'd have the chance to eat all kinds of yummy things whenever she wants." Honey taunts as well.
"What are you talking about? Don't be silly. Just because I'm poor and never had it doesn't mean I'm so much of a glutton I'd go on fooling everyone about my gender just to try some fancy tuna. Hahahehe... Am I really gonna get to try it?" Haruhi gives in.
The hosts smile widely. I shake my head while giggling kind of loudly.
"That's all for today's activities, you're all allowed to leave." Kyoya announces. I grab my bag while holding back light giggles. I walk out of the music room and towards the door.
"Hey, (Y/N)!" Someone yells. I turn around to see Hikaru calling after me. I smile, feeling my face grow warm. Ok, I know he likes someone else, but I can't shut down my feelings.
"Yes?" I ask, cocking my head to the side slightly. Hikaru's face takes on the slightest shade of pink. Why? I'll never know.
"Speaking of last chapters party...I heard you laugh...an actual laugh..." Hikaru replies. I give him a slightly confused look.
"So?" I question.
"So...I just wanted to say it was very pretty...and you should laugh more often." Hikaru says, face slowly growing pinker. My face turns red/white.
"I, um...uh...thank you, but,um, you're acting kind of out of character...you just don't seem like yourself. A-anyway...if you really w-want to hear me l-laugh more often, then give me a reason." I reply. Hikaru smirks down at me.
"Challenge accepted. See you tomorrow." Hikaru replies casually. I smile slightly, looking near the ground.
"See you..." I reply quietly, waving my hand slightly before dropping it to my side. Tomorrow is a new day...