Chapter four: You want to come back?

I wake to worried voices.

"If your stupid ass hadn't tried to hit me, you wouldn't have punched her in the stomach!" It was James.

Drew retaliates, "You know I didn't mean to hit her. She means the world to this Crew." I could picture Drew stepping menacingly so he was nose to nose with James.

"Guys! Shut up already, I don't want Sophie awake yet, the stomach pills haven't kicked in yet." Maddy says urgently.

That explains that stomach pain, thought it was cramps.

I stir in the plastic school bed, "To late." I mumble.

I open my eyes groggily and see Drew hovering over me. "Hello." I say, surprised.

"Are you okay? I swear I didn't mean to hit you!" He quickly goes into the apologies.

I all bit leap forward to clasp my hand over his mouth, "Shut up dude! Don't say sorry. That was my fault. I went forward when I knew you were pissed. Plus, I haven't been punched in a while. Feels kinda good. In a weird way." I liked fighting. Fights always brought out my stronger side and I loved that.

He chuckles, "You're a freak. An adorable little freak." he leans forward and pinches my right cheek.

I cringe away, "Stop it!" I whine.

I look over his shoulder at James. "Hey, Mason. I got hit cause you wanted to talk. So let's talk."

He looks around the room where my Crew was standing around my bed in a guard stance. I rolled my eyes, "Guys, move. I want to talk to him."

They reluctantly shuffle out of the room, Drew and Josh death glaring James on their way out.

I roll my eyes. Idiots.

He walks over to the little bed. "I wanted to talk about what I saw the other day." he says sheepishly, as if I might explode any second, which may very well happen.

"Ok, ask away." I move my hands around in a dramatic way.

He takes a deep breathe the. Starts the interrogation. "Did your father really hit you?" he asks and blinks like he just couldn't process it.

"Yes." I state.

He shuffles from one foot to another. "Why did he. . .hit you?" he pauses as if afraid of saying the word 'hit'

"Because I brought you home. He doesn't like guest unless its Maddy." I explain.

He raises his eyebrows. "Why Maddy?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, I guess because he knows Maddy won't try to have sex with me or something."

He nods his head. "Does your, uh. . . Crew, know about this?"

I nod my head, "Yes, their sworn to secrecy by me."

He nods his head again, as if understanding. "How do you deal with it?" he questions.

My body freezes over. The hairs on my neck stand up. I can't tell him about my cuts, he would demand I stop .

So I do the only thing I could do. I tell him something else.

I shrug my shoulders again, more casually this time. "I think. About the good times." I say.

I used to do this all the time. I would think of the good times before Mom died and Dad started letting his anger out on me.

He lifts his head from looking at his hands, "Can I come over again?" he asks.

I shake my head frantically, "No! No way!" I shout at him.

He looks taken back by my answer. "Why not?" he asks.

I make a Duh sound, "My Father would surly hurt you." I warn.

He gives me a lop-sided smiled that had my heart flutter. Ew.

"I'm gonna risk that." he says and leans against the wall like a badass.

{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.{.{.{.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}{}{.{.}.{{{}{.}{.{}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}.{.}{.}

Sorry it's so short! I felt like you guys deserved this since I haven't posted in a while. Hope you enjoy! Have a great Halloween and be amazing people!

Retarded Penguin, OUT <3