38. Four down One More to Go

{STOP: before you start reading check out the short trailer above!!}

Iris' POV:

I really hope this is the right address. I'm getting chills just being in these woods. I only came to these woods once in my life, and I'm still scared of it. Most importantly, I'm scared of seeing Justin again. What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he wants to hurt me? Okay Iris it's now or never.

I knocked on the door. His car was still parked by the cabin so he's probably inside. After three knocks, the door still wouldn't open. My phone started buzzing in my pocket. It was a call from Marc, the investigator.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Are you inside?"

"Not yet, I don't think he's here he won't answer the door"

"Oh he's definitely in there, we see him inside in the security footages right now, don't leave until that door opens and remember distract him we're on our way right now" he said and hung up afterwards. Distract him. That was my only job, if I fuck this whole thing up, I'm dead.

I tried knocking again. I heard a couple of locks being unlocked. The door then swung open. I was face to face with Justin. "Iris?" He said almost surprised to see me.

"Justin what are you doing here" this is his place dumbass.

"I think I should be asking you that question" he gave me a cold hard stare making me choke on my words even more.

"I uh.." Come on think of an lie. "I was taking a stroll in the woods and I spotted your car here"

"Oh, well it's definitely nice to see you again" he said with a smile. "How you been?" He's acting so casual, this isn't right.

"I'm good, how you been? You kinda disappeared on me and you didn't even tell me. You ignored my texts and calls--"

"Iris I know, and I'm sorry. I just need some space from everyone for a while, I didn't mean to ignore you either-"

"Then why did you leave?" I cut him off. He was silent for while and I knew he was gonna come up with a ridiculous excuse.

"It'll take me a long time to explain" he said.

"I have time"

He let out a sigh. He then welcomed me inside. The inside was way bigger than the outside. You know those houses that look really small from the outside but the inside is just a whole new other world, this is exactly how Justin's place was. He closed the door behind us.

We both took a seat. Neither of us said anything to each other at first. He just stared at me which I found pretty disturbing and creepy. I noticed he doesn't wear his glasses or old fashioned clothing anymore. He looked different, I felt like I was looking at a whole different person.

"So this is your new place now?" I finally spoke.

"Temporarily until I.." He stopped himself.

"Until you what?" Although I know the truth I just want him to admit it.

"Until I figure myself out again" he responded.

"So you're admitting that there's something wrong with you?"

"If I knew you were gonna question me like this I wouldn't have let you in" he snapped. His personalities must be changing. So it is true. I can't make him too mad, or else he's gonna try and harm me. Speaking of harming, ever since I stepped foot in here, I haven't seen or heard one sound of Ariana. I thought those investigators said he was keeping her here, but the only person staying here is Justin.