Introduction

A/N: This is my third fanfic. I loved the concept of this, so I wanted to write one of them myself. I personally haven't attended a mental hospital, but I know a couple of people who have attended at least one, whom I have asked far too many questions, and I did a lot of research, so I have a general idea what I'm writing about. I am writing this based upon the things I've read and heard, so I am going to try this out, and I am grateful you are trying it as well. There might be triggers, so read with caution. Writing this reminded me of the songs Yellow by Coldplay, and Mad World by Gary Jules. Thank you my Percicolings, this ship will always be alive to me, since it will forever be my OTP. Percico forever! Oh, and DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PJO/HOO CHARACTERS. THEY ALL BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN. IF THEY BELONGED TO ME, PERCICO WOULD ALREADY BE CANON. Let's get started!

Peace, love, blue food,

Dayzee

Introduction of the Characters

Nico di Angelo: an anorexic, suicidally depressed teenager with insomnia and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), who is often very sarcastic and likes coffee.

Percy Jackson: a schizophrenic paranoid who constantly gets in trouble and into fights with other patients and nurses. He loves swimming.

Jason Grace: diagnosed with schizophrenia and psychosis. Is nice enough and preserved, but believes he can fly.

Leo Valdez: a majorly pyrophobic boy with PTSD and ADHD who ironically loves dragons and had escaped his abusive aunt when he was eight.

Piper McLean: a bipolar girl who is surprisingly charming and convincing and is constantly stealing things.

Reyna Ramirez-Arellano: a girl with severe OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) which has gone to the points of unintentionally harming herself. She likes reading and gets along well with Nico.

Rachel Dare: a girl who doesn't talk, but instead writes down what she has to say. She likes to draw and color, or do anything art-related.

Octavian Romanus: a boy who likes to disembowel teddy bears because he is convinced that they are evil. Put in the mental hospital after an incident in a Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Luke Castellan: a schizophrenic paranoid, like Percy, who can hear voices in his head and eventually acts upon them. Was employed in a department store before being admitted into the hospital, after he had smashed tvs and mirrors, thinking that the boss was hiding cameras in them and watching him constantly.

Ethan Nakamura: a boy who had gouged out one of his eyes, thinking his deceased mother had told him to, and he loves lollipops (I don't know why, I just wanted him to love lollipops).

Dr. Chiron Brunner: the head doctor of the ward.

Dr. William Solace: one of the doctors who treat the patients.

Dr. Annabeth Chase: another doctor who helps treat the patients and is very intelligent.

Katie Gardner: an escort.

Hazel Levesque: a nurse and front-desk secretary.

Frank Zhang: an intern.

Hades di Angelo: Nico's father.

Persephone di Angelo: Nico's stepmother who loves flowers and decorating.

Maria di Angelo: Nico's mother, deceased.

Bianca di Angelo: Nico's sister, whom he had been very close with, before a car accident had occurred with her and Nico. Deceased.

-----And let the gay fanfiction commence!-----