Boys with Tattoos

Summary: Pastel!Dan uses a jumper to subtly let Punk!Phil know about his feelings for him.

Genre: Fluff, PastelxPunk, High school AU

Pairing(s): Phan (and a bit of KicktheStickz)

Warnings: Lil bit of swearing

Words: 1077

Ages:  Dan- 16

PJ- 17

Phil- 18

Chris- 18

((all that is only for this part))

A/N: please excuse my bad grammar, spelling and punctuation <3

    "I'm going to do it," Dan announced, walking up to his best friend, PJ, whom was leaning on his locker. Dan and PJ had met when they were five years old and had stayed best friends ever since.

    People often questioned their friends ship because of their varying fashion senses. While Dan loved wearing pastel colours accompanied by flower crowns, PJ wore black jeans and a variety of nerdy t-shirts occasionally mixed in with some jumpers in a range of colours. Despite others confusion, the pair of them got on like a house on fire, sharing their love for video games, anime and very hot boys.

    "What's 'it'?" PJ asked, a smirk playing on his plump, pink lips.

    "The jumper! I'm going to wear it, Peej," Dan replied, rolling his eyes.

    "Oh, yeah?" PJ questioned, raising his eyebrows that Dan had plucked the day before. When Dan raised his back, PJ continued, "When?"

    "Tomorrow. Definitely," Dan said decisively,  burying his head in the back of his locker to reach for his books he needed for the day.

    "Great. Well, good luck I guess..."

    "Thanks!" Dan beamed adjusting his flower crown. "Have you got maths fi- Really?" Dan stopped mid sentence when he looked over at PJ and saw him making out with his boyfriend; Chris.

    They pulled apart long enough for PJ to give Dan a sheepish grin but it didn't last long before Chris' lips were back attacking PJ's.

    Dan felt awkward standing alone next to the two of them so he decided to look up the hall and pretend to not be totally out of place. As he skimmed the halls he made eye contact with two bright blue eyes. Phil Lester. When Phil saw Dan looking he smirked, making Dan blush and look down.

    He was determined not to make a fool of himself in front of Phil Lester, the schools resident bad ass and the boy he had been pining for for the past three years, so he kept his eyes glued to his blue floral Doc Martins and tried to ignore Phil's stare.

    The bell for class rang sharply making Chris and PJ brake apart, only to go back in and give each other one final peck; Their cheeks were flushed and hair disheveled. "Sorry," PJ muttered to Dan as Chris smacked Dan's back and walked off.

    "S'okay," Dan mumbled, playfully rolling his eyes.

    "Come on, let's get to class." PJ slug his arm around Dan's shoulder and the two of them padded off to maths.

~*THE NEXT DAY*~

    "So last night I was round at Peej's and we were up in his room and things were getting, like, really heated and then his mum walked in and-"

    "Oh my fuck."

    "I know!"

    "No, not your story," Phil said, rather rudely, as he looked past Chris. "Dan Howell. Look at him."

    Chris turned around to see what Phil was gaping at and caught sight of Dan talking to PJ.

    "Read his jumper," Phil murmured, swallowing a lump in his throat.

    "Boys with tattoos," Chris read allowed. He started sniggering making Phil elbow him. "Ow!"

    "Stop laughing."

    "I'm only laughing because it's obviously aimed at you." Chris rolled his eyes. "I mean, what other guy at our school has tattoos?"

    Chris was right. Phil was the only person in their school with tattoos and piercings. It made him look intimidating and people often stayed away from him but Chris had been his best friend since he was six and knew that Phil was still the same softie he had been back when he was nothing more than a twiggy, ginger haired, wimp of a child.

    "It could be about someone outside of our school," Phil pondered aloud.

    "You're kidding, right? He's totally obsessed with you! You should just go up and talk to him. I mean, what's the worst he can do? He's wearing a fucking flower crown and matching mint skinny jeans!"

    "Okay, I'm going to go up and talk to him," Phil stated. "Oh and don't insult his flower crowns, I think they're cute... and his skinny jeans show of his ass perfectly." Phil added with a wink.

    Phil ambled up to Dan and PJ with a smirk on his face. Even though was nervous as fuck, he need to keep his cool demeanour up.

    Phil decided he needed to get rid of PJ if he was to have a proper conversation with Dan and as he got closer he decided to pretend that PJ was needed elsewhere.

    "Hi Dan," Phil greeted with his signature smirk. "Erm.. PJ I think Chris wanted to talk to you about something. Now." He hinted when PJ didn't leave straight away.

    Once PJ left, Phil started started looking Dan up and down, making Dan shuffle awkwardly under his gaze. When Phil had finished basking in the beauty that was Dan's outfit, he looked up catching Dan's eye contact making him blush and look down. Phil's smirked deepened.

    "So, boys with tattoos?" Phil hinted smugly.

    "Erm... Y- yeah?" Dan stuttered, not averting his gaze from the floor. He was starting to regret wearing the jumper and wanted nothing more than Phil Lester and his teasing words to leave him alone.

    "What about them?" Phil continued, watching Dan as his cheeks turned a deeper shade of red.

    "Erm... Well... I... Uh." Dan took a deep breath. "Iguesstheirkindofhot."

    Phil tipped his head back and let out a loud laugh making Dan's blush intensify. Once he was finished with his chuckling he looked back down at Dan, seeing his eyes still glued to the floor. Carefully, Phil placed his fingers under Dan's chin and lifted his head up slowly. Dan let him do so.

    "Are they?" Phil smiled.

    "Yeah," Dan said quietly but with more confidence than before. He sounded, and looked, rather awestruck.

    "Am I kind of hot, Dan?" Phil taunted.

    "Yeah," Dan whimpered, feeling weak at the knees.

    "Well, Dan, looks like you're in luck because I happen to have a thing for pretty boys in flower crowns."

    "Really?"

    "Yep. Now, how do you fancy skipping the rest of the day and coming back to mine with me?"

    "That sounds great," Dan smiled, his seemingly permanent blush still present.

    Phil seized Dan's hand affectionately and started pulling him out of the building. Dan looked behind him caught PJ's gaze. Dan gave him a small wave as PJ winked at Dan and mouthed 'go get some' .

A/N: this was shite oops

i might re write it but idk

i promise it gets better in the next chapter

anyways, thanks for reading, lovely <333