Ain't no friend of mine!

I woke up on the bus when we hit a bump in the road. I looked around and saw that I was leaning against Kellin and his arm was wrapped around me protectively. I sighed and leaned back into him. The other guys were no where in the room so I assumed they were in there bunks. I layed back down and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over me. Right before I was about to go completely into the black abyss known as sleep, the bus halted to a stop and I was gently shaken awake.

"Good morning Riot. You need to get ready to meet Katelyn ok?" Kellin said to me. I only nodded and he gave me a big smile. I quickly stood up and walked out of the living room and to the bunk area. I quickly grabbed a AA shirt and some black skinny jeans that I liked. I grabbed my black studded combat boots with a black leather jacket that matched. I went to the bathroom and got changed quickly and ran a brush through my hair. I walked back out of the bathroom and quickly ran to the front of the bus again. I smiled at everyone half heartly. They all gave me smiles and Justin grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bunk area.

"Here, let me do some make up on you." He said as he got some mascara and eye liner out. I sat on his bed as he kneeled in front of me. "Alright, Katelyn is very picky about people. Don't say or write anything that could be taken the wrong way, Gabe, Nick and me are going to try and help you out. Kellin is to blinded my love that he doesn't see how mean she can be sometimes. If she says something that makes you upset or anything, come to me and we will leave and Nick will talk to Kellin." Justin told me. I only nodded as he finished doing my make up. I gave him a smile and looked over to a mirror. I looked really pretty and Justin stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Thank you." I mouthed to him. He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Your welcome and remember, if she says anything to make you upset or mad, make sure you tell me ok?" Justin said as he pulled me into a hug. I tensed up but soon relaxed as he rubbed my back gently. I hugged him back and he fixed a part of my hair.

"Guys! Katelyn is here!" I heard Kellin yell. We both parted and Justin smiled and grabbed my hand. I walked behind him slightly and we walked to the front. When he stopped I moved out from behind him and saw a tall, brown haired lady. She gave me the fakest smile in the world and strutted over to me.

"Hello, you must be Riot?" She said to me. I nodded to her and she sneered slightly. "What is your real name? Riot is not a real name." She stated. I gave her a forced smile and grabbed my phone. She gave me a pissed off look and snatched my phone away from me. "Do not use you phone when I am talking to you. You will speak to me and make conversation." She said as she held my phone in her hand. I stared wide eyed at her as shook took my phone. I looked at Justin. Justin grabbed my phone from her and gave me my phone back. I started to type out what I was going to say.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is legally Riot and my birth name was demolished along with any other record I had before. I am selectively mute and have to use my phone to talk to people. Sorry if that bothers you, but I can not change it." I typed out. My phone spoke the message out. She looked at me and glared.

"Why did you pick her Kellin? Maybe you should have got some one who can talk and dressed normally?" She said to Kellin. I grabbed onto Justin's hand and gave it a squeeze trying to tell him I was upset. He squeezed back telling me that he understood.

"I think you two just need some bonding time. Maybe we should go out to eat?" Kellin suggested. Everyone nodded and walked out to the car. Justin pulled me close as Kellin and Katelyn were up in the front. The guys drove a rental van so we could all fit inside. Katelyn sat in the passenger seat as Kellin drove. It was Nick and Gabe in the middle, then Justin and I in the very back. Justin pulled me to his side and I leaned my head against his shoulder. Everyone was laughing and joking around except for Justin and I.